Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Vasectomy reversal success 4 years pain free

I will keep this short and direct. My pain started a week or 2 post vasectomy. It was annoying pain that caused major stress in my life. I think it was about a year before I got the reversal. The original place I had the vasectomy was not willing to do a reversal. I found a local surgeon that specialized in vasectomy reversal and I paid out of pocket. The reversal surgery was successful but I still had moderate pain 3 months post surgery. The surgeon said he was confident pain would clear and to be patient. I think it was about 6 months post surgery to be 100 percent pain free. It’s been 4 or 5 years now pain free. My opinion is that the pain I had was from pressure build up, I also had the clips so that could have been a factor. I am a middle aged, very healthy, active adult of normal weight. I came back to this forum to post this because I remember the panic that was going through my mind. Maybe this successful reversal can give you some hope.

11 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for posting! Do you recall which year (and if possible month) you had your vasectomy?

Great story. Thanks for coming back. Always good for the new victims to read success stories.