Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Sciatica - sciatic pain

So who suffers from testicle pain and also gets sciatica, pain in legs and feet, front, back or sides of legs?

I understand sciatica is a condition that is being caused by something else, I guess whatever is causing my testicle/scrotum pain is also causing sciatic pain.

I do. I have pudendal neuralgia, from what was supposed to have been an easy procedure to remove a blood clot from my left testicle that wasn’t even there. But it led to over 20 procedures now, one causing Fourniers Gangrene and that caused massive damage to my groin to where I lost my left testicle, a huge chunk of my upper groin area about 4cmx4cmx1.5cm deep. The base of the left side of my penis and over into the inner thigh crevice area. And that caused damage to my pudendal nerve.
I have so many different types of pain happening at the same time that I can’t even describe. But it shoots down to the top of left foot the whole leg, groin upper groin areas.

I hope none of you guys ever have to make the decision to cut anything from your groin unless it’s absolutely necessary because there will always be a level of pain.
Every cough, sneeze, going to the bathroom, bending down, so much strain is on the groin from so much everyday life, you don’t even think of it until you have pain there. But after having both epididimectomies in 2008, my right hardly bothered me, and my left, which was the biggest problem causing, I always felt a dull ache and occasionally like a hard kick to the balls for a minute at most and then gone for 10yrs. Then the pain just hit and wouldn’t go away for a few days.
I regret everything following that. I wished I’d have not followed any Drs advice, because not one of them is there for me like they all said. I have permanent nerve damage that can’t be fixed.
I have one last resort at it’s finally scheduled in a month and that’s if Medicaid will improve it. My previous insurance finally approved it last year after having to appeal it and had it scheduled around this time. Then during lockdown last year my insurance dropped me because Medicaid was full coverage and they could remain if I could pay $800/month with high copays and deductibles. So everything stopped and I’m finally close to catching up a year. I just need the approval.
I wish you and all the other guys the best of luck. Make sure to get life insurance and set yourself up financially if able before any procedure. I wished I’d had done a few things different that I can’t do now that I’m listed disabled and on Medicaid.

1 Like

Man, reading your story is heartbreaking.
One thing I don’t understand, they had to “remove a blod clot”. What kind of blood clot? Inside a vein or artery?

Yes, very much so. It’s not sciatica, potentially some cross talk between inguinal nerves

Hi @SomeGreyBIoke

Can you explain a bit further as this has got me thinking?

My right and left testicle pain has always radiated down my legs and into my feet, the pain seems to be in my epi, scrotum, back of thigh, my knee and down to the top part of my foot.

Since I have had right side orchiectomy, the pain is now worse in my left remaining testicle (epi) and down leg, knee and foot, its absolute agony.

The pain seems to start after a bowel movement and sometimes when I lay down.

Hi @Chip5 this is what I warned you about before your orchiectomy, that once you remove your painful testicle, the pain itself may migrate to the other one. This is the exactly same thing that has happened to me.

I have had a radical orchiectomy, all the structures include angry nerves which were a pain trigger for me have been removed. My surgeon warned me against simple orchiectomy, as this leaved cord behind, which can cause pain.

@SomeGreyBIoke

Hi buddy, I’ve always had pain in both testicles, but my right one was the worst, this is why I had the right orchiectomy. Now the right side testicle is no longer there, my left remaining testicle is now giving me more grief, it’s now as worse as the right one was, and the sciatic pain is far worse as well.

The way I feel the pain on a day to day basis seems to map out two of my theories.

Theory one
Two painful testicles, right one being the most painful. Could it be that the right testicle was overshadowing the left testicle, hence why the left testicle got painful less often. Now the right side testicle has been removed, this has allowed the left remaining testicle to shout louder (its now the most painful testicle)?

I was diagnosed with varicoceles and epididymal cysts in both testicles, the largest varicocele in left testicle at 3.5mm in size.

During a bowel movement I feel an awful ache/pain in my left testicle, the pain shoots down my leg to my knee and into my foot, could this be blood pooling in the varicocele and pressing on nerves?

Theory Two.
Crosstalk? Some days I feel as if my remaining right spermatic cord (simple orchiectomy) is firing and sending pain signals up to my spine (L and S nerves) and crossing over to my left side cord and testicle, also other nerve branches that share the same nerve pathway, hence why I’m getting sciatica down leg and knee really badly?

When I had the right side varicocelectomy, after the procedure I had a tremendous ache/pain in my left testicle and leg for four weeks. I thought it was strange that I got my right side scrotum cut open and I get pain on my left side. The same thing has now happened after the orchiectomy, I get my right side scrotum cut open and I’m getting pain on my left side? It feels like the spermatic cord is triggering and cross-talking to the other side.

I’m also getting a lot of joint pain on left side, the shoulder, elbow, wrist, groin, knee and foot, the sciatica is really bad, this has got worst these past few days.

The most important part to all of this is… I always got pain in both left and right epididymis, the head and tail was always the most painful. I no longer get epi pain in the orchiectomy side (right) as epi is no longer there, but my left epi is killing me.

I guess the epi is the last part of the spermatic cord (VAS), so I strongly believe that my pain is travelling along both cords. The sciatica must be some sort of bi-product from the spermatic cord nerve pain.

I’m not really an expert, but have read it in this book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vasectomy-Cruelest-Nightmare-Post-Vasectomy-Syndrome/dp/0741430991 something along the lines of what you wrote as theory one. While you are on the toilet, you must be straining muscles, which must be pressing on nerves and triggers the pain ( I guess ).

This whole thing is one big mess, and I think we all have individual circumstances, and hard to say if something that applies to me, will also be applicable in your situation.

@SomeGreyBIoke Today I have right side cord pain, I can pinpoint where the pain is. I place finger and thumb at either side of the cord in my scrotum, this is where the pain is.

During the simple orchiectomy my cord was ligated 2 ways and the VAS was ligated separately, I can feel all 3 cord structures hanging in my scrotum, and when I press on the largest cord section the pain is worse.

Literature shows higher ligation of the spermatic cord is case’s like mine gives better results, I must still have 4 to 5 inches of the cord left, 1 to 1.5 inches are still hanging in my scrotum which is aiding towards the triggering.

Sounds like you have discovered the source of your troubles.

… and now to convince my urologists.