Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Reversal scheduled for 13th of Aug

Paul, how are you doing? Would be great if you could update your reversal recovery. Your last post wasn’t as optimistic as the previous ones. I hope you’re still improving!

1 Like

Hi @Juno, doing much better, still not perfect, but I’d say 85% recovered at this stage. I can go for hours without thinking about this whole ordeal. I’m going to get SA and Testosterone tests done, and will post detailed and longer update in the coming weeks.

3 Likes

10th month update

Although still not 100% pain-free, but in much better place now. On a good day, pain levels hover just below what I can register, maybe 1 or 0.5. I tend to get 1 bad day in a week, where it hurts from the back of the testicle, all the way to the waistline. When this happens, I also get some diffused ache around the area where the jeans pocket is, but this pain tends to be what I use to have at my best. At this stage, my prostatitis symptoms have not returned, have not felt hernia like pains and my urination is strong. Sex drive has also came back, I have noticed that I get aroused more often throughout the day, and sex itself has become satisfying again. I still ache ever so slightly after intercourse for around 20 mins, but it’s very minor. Rather than a couple of miserable drops as I had just before reversal, ejaculate volume has definitely increased, and it comes out at a decent pressure. I am not back to pre-v levels, but I’d say 75% there.

A couple of weeks ago, I have stopped taking naproxen, but pain levels increased quickly, and have started having aches in the hamstring, all the way to my knee, and felt tingling around my foot. I have also noticed a substantial drop in numbers under the microscope, so have restarted NSAIDs again, and pains dropped, and numbers have climbed up again. I will carry on taking NSAIDs for another couple of months as I tolerate them well, and I also take stomach lining pills in the morning to protect from any negative side effects…

I have started going to the gym, did some gentle jogging lately which made me realise how out of shape I became. I am able to go for a 7-10 mile brisk walk without inducing any additional pains and am quietly hoping for a continued improvements. At this stage, am concerned about scarring over, but hoping that if I got so far, chances of scarring might be diminishing.

I will get SA and Testosterone tests done at 1 year anniversary, and will post another update.

2 Likes

When you’re doctor phill, things are reeal easy. Vasectomy yup, reverse hell yeah get my buddies to take care of this shit. At 6 weeks bam the wife’s pregnant and aaaalll good. Is this even real? Is this guy some kind of pitchman for vasectomies. Very strange watching this after reading though so many nightmares here, including my own. I don’t know why, but watching this shit makes me angry as hell while I sit crippled in pain.

1 Like

I am at 5 months post reversal, and still having issues at the reconnection sites. Trying to stay positive about it. It feels like pressure, but not at testicles, more near the connection sites. Reading your story, I believe you had this pain as well. Is it just time? I hate having a good day and then get slammed with a week or two of hell. Just your thoughts about what you were feeling at about 5 months post reversal. Hope you just continue to get better.

Mike

I was still very sore at month 5. Stay positive brother, I’ve just passed year 1, and just about starting to feel better. In fact, I was very close to pain free around month 11, but have overdone it one week, and have suffered a set back. I am getting nerve pains, and any vigrous activity sends jolts of pain across my leg and kidneys. Hopefully this will pass and am remaining positive and hopeful to be one of those 95% recovered guys within a year.

I am stil taking naproxen with stomach lining pills as I have noticed a drop in numbers under microscope when I reduced the dose.

I would love to talk to you, could you email your number?

mklamut79@yahoo.com

mike

15 months update

Things have been steadily improving since my last update. I had a couple of small setbacks, but always managed to recover OK. Last week I was 95% pain-free, with small niggles every now and them, but as I have been dealing with this nonsense for the past 2 years, it makes me wonder if these niggles are just a normal day to day aches and pains as they came and went pretty quickly.

I still find that I can get a bit sore at the reconnection site after intercourse, so trying to be very gentle, and also had a small relapse when I temporarily discontinued taking NSAIDs. One thing I have noticed is that my semen levels have decreased substantially during these periods. At this stage, I have not had any pains inside testicle, fullness has gone totally, semen volume has definitely increased and I started enjoying sex again. I have not tested my testosterone levels yet, but have noticed that I am getting random erections throughout the day which was not the case days preceding reversal. I will not have further SA’s done, as just checked under microscope, and it looked stable and identical to what I have seen for the past year. If anyone is interested, I have uploaded videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtcWhErnPtUsP3_OCiJo0hA

Last weekend I went to a trampoline park with my daughter, where I was active for over an hour, we walked a lot as well, and all of this was done without any pain. At this stage I do not regret having reversal, only regret that I have not done it sooner, and have subjected myself to an unnecessary epididymectomy and orchiectomy on my left side. At this stage, I am hoping for continued improvements and that my reversal will not fail at such late-stage

3 Likes

Thought I’d post a quick update, unfortunately things took a turn for the worse in the past 2 weeks, I have accidentally hurt myself, and currently suffering with a lot of sharp pains at the reconnection site, struggling to walk any good distance, and am in at least 3/10 daily pain, raising to 6/10 some days.

Numbers dropped sharply under the microscope too, and am pretty devastated as thought worst was behind me, but this feels almost as bad as day after reversal. I am resting as much as I can, and trying to remain positive, but at this point feeling pretty crappy.

You say you accidentally hurt yourself. Is that related to your setback?

Hi @RingoStar. Yes, I became a bit itchy around scar, and woke up one night in severe pain as must have been scratching the itch and think I pressed too hard on the cord. Devastated, gutted and at the end of my tether

I feel so bad for you man, hopefully you recover soon from this. i am about to turn 9 months post reversal, and still have pain daily at the connection sites which flows to other areas, would you say you had similar experiences at this time on your reversal. dr. said i am still in the healing window, and some guys can take over a year to heal.

16 month update

What a difference a month can make. I had an awful set back, and haven’t had a let down yet at all. Am feeling burning pain across my spermatic cord, pains radiating to my inner thigh and leg, am struggling to walk, and feel almost as bad if not worse how I felt straight after reversal. My numbers were always fairly stable under the microscope, but nowadays I can have OK few days, followed by a week worth of rubbish ones. Usually wake up with 2/10 pain, going to bed with 6/10. This feels like a slap on the face and not sure what to do next and if things will improve at all. Just about managing to go to work, go back home and straight to bed. Usually spend 15-17 hrs a day with my feet up resting. I’m unable to play with my daughters and doing minimal work around the house. Use to do approx 20,000 steps a day, currently 2,000 and that’s too much sometimes

1 Like

I wish there was a “My heart goes out to you” emoji button. It’s been a long hard road. I hope things improve for you soon.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for sharing the details. I can’t help but wonder if your setback is related to disruption of scar tissue, or something along those lines. I have thought similar scenarios could be relevant to some other setback stories that have been posted here in the past. IDK.

Hang in there buddy. Hopefully this awful setback will resolve itself in time.

1 Like

Am almost 100% confident it is @RingoStar, I accidentally have scratched my scrotum, and must have also pulled spermatic cord while asleep, and things went downhill from there. Although felt close to pain free around month 14-15, things obviously have not healed internally yet, and still must be inflamed inside. Hopefully nerves and imflammation will calm down soon

I know what you’re going through. I think many of us, you and me included, have nerves that are damaged/hypersensitive and are lying dormant ready to roar. I’ve been in a good state for almost all of 2019, close to a year 95% pain free. I hope your relapse ends quickly.

1 Like

17 month update

2nd month into my relapse. Still challenging and depressing thinking that I was very close to 100% recovered around month 15, with strong and stable numbers under the microscope, and now feels as bad as what I use to be just after reversal with not great microscope samples overall. What I have noticed that I can get one or 2 really good samples, and then as soon as I am a bit more active ( e.g. tidy up around the house or hoover ), numbers generally drop significantly for a few days after. I would feel absolutely devastated if I have scarred over after so many months of pain, tears and suffering.

I am still resting as much as I can, in bed for the majority of the day as any walking or even car trips over 2 hrs cause bad discomfort and drop in numbers. I am just about managing to last through a working day, but resting as soon as I get back home. Saying that, worst, sharp pains around reconnection from last month have tailed off somewhat, but I am getting more generalised ache around the scrotum, upper thigh, and leg.

Mentally, I feel distraught, not sure what to think and do next as was hoping that 2020 will be the year where I would turn the corner. Still taking herbal and prescription anti-inflammatories, as well as GP have prescribed me a course of antibiotics and gabapentin nerve pains pills, which I have nearly finished.

Hang in there, thatd all we can do. Depression setting in again on my side.

Just read your reversal recovery thread. Thanks for all the detailed updates. Keep them coming. I’m not sure where you stand from day to day now. If you ever get downtrodden and need someone to commiserate with, let me know. When I went through the worst of my pain I just could not understand why no one wanted to talk to me about my desperate circumstances as much as I desperately wanted to talk about them. I felt like an alien on my own green planet earth, and still do at times, though to a much lesser degree because I have come to accept that I am just not like most people now because of the refiners fire I have passed through. I’m still in that fiery furnace, which continues to relentlessly melt away the dross of my personality flaws; at the worst times it seems to accentuate my personality flaws.

In any event, many victims of chronic pain likely grow silent in their suffering. Not me. And I suspect none such individuals are posting to a site such as this one.

Reading your story certainly puts things in perspective for me, a guy who is on day 13 of his own reversal recovery. I knew I needed to have the long view, but did not realize until after reading your story that my “long view” might not have been long enough.

I felt God nudging me, if not shoving me toward the idea of a reversal. But just because God inspired me to take that route does not mean it will be an easy road. God has asked me to do many hard things in my life. I grow closer to him and firmer in my faith through the hard times at an exponentially faster rate than when my life settles restfully in the fertile values of peace and contentment. That said, I simply cannot wait to settle into that next fertile valley of rest, if indeed such a place exists somewhere imperceptibly along the path of my future self.

1 Like