Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Reversal of vasectomy

A lot of men go through a vasectomy reversal without success and a lot of disappointment can arise. Things like PVPS can occur as well.i have just listened to vasectomy reversal fertility options after vasectomy Dr jessie Mills MD said the contrary to vasectomy been easier on the male a tubal ligation is so much easier to have success to return fertility. Reason he gave is that the women has no pressure build up like a man does. In the male the vasectomy causes so many blow outside and pain. Just found that interesting any other comments

2 Likes

If you’re having no pain or sexual problem after a vasectomy which alot of men report they don’t, then you got lucky like they did. Whatever you do, don’t take the chance and get a reversal, it is not worth the chance that something may go wrong. In fact that is why every man in the world should never get a vasectomy either. Stupid me got a vasectomy that reduced my sexual capability from 6 or more times per week to just 2 (and even at twice a week they were quicker or seemed slightly over exerted), and a reversal 4 years after which seemed the reversal caused me to have less erections but still was at twice a week. Now that I got older, everything is a little worse and a little less.

1 Like

Keep in mind that there are countless vasectomists that are of the opposite opinion and promote vasectomys over tubal ligation any day. I’m not thinking there is a completely right or wrong one size fits all answer myself. Both options of sterilization and/or the reversal of carry significant inherit risks of their own.

I personally know several men and women that seem to know nothing about the complications, pain syndromes, and the alike that some men and women experience afterwards. If someone was to ask them if they should get a vasectomy or a tubal ligation surgery, they would absolutely recommend it to anyone without further thought. If everything went well for them men and women, why would they know about the inherit risks of either procedure. I seriously doubt any of them did any homework to back up their opinions and recommendations. Why would they know? These are the kind of people that nobody should take advise from.

Post vasectomy pain syndrome (PVPS)

Post tubal ligation syndrome (PTLS)

During the past several years, increasing numbers of patients have requested tubal reversal surgery in hopes of finding relief from PTLS symptoms. A recent study of 91 women reporting PTLS used a standardized questionnaire prior to tubal reversal and at 6 month intervals following tubal ligation reversal to gather statistical data regarding the possible effects of tubal reversal on PTLS symptoms. The study found that 90% of reported improvement in their PTLS symptoms, 8% reported no change, and 2% reported an increase in symptoms after tubal ligation reversal.

That’s just one of countless links to PTLS information, PTLS reversal information, etc.

I have read countless stories and watched videos of women describing a number of things they experience post tubal ligation, and in many cases, their testimonials are akin to what men on websites like this one describe.

Like men with PVPS, woman with PTLS are living in the shadows too. In many cases, they end up being referred to as crazy by their doctor’s, being told it’s all in their heads, among other things that don’t help and isolate them even further. Their voices typically aren’t heard, and they are the minority as well. Generally speaking, the vast majority of people have never heard of either syndrome.

Bottom line, don’t get persuaded to believe the opinions of anyone, which includes countless medical professionals that vasectomys, tubal ligation, or the reversability aspect of either procedure are safer, better, etc. Some really bad stuff is happening to both men and women in the big picture.

Stacey Underwood’s story is one of countless testimonials that are akin to what many men on websites like this one would describe.

It is like my body went into shock,” Underwood, 36, from Lexington, North Carolina, told TODAY. “Something was completely weird within six to eight hours.

A week later, the chills and night sweats began. Worried, she called her doctor who recommended that Underwood visit the emergency room because they feared she had postpartum preeclampsia.

Women reported to TODAY they experienced additional symptoms like fatigue, migraines, nausea, depression, mood swings and loss of sex drive.

They said ‘Your hormones will be fine. You won’t even notice,’” Hoy said. “It was complete havoc.

Type tubal ligation pain syndrome into any search bar. Don’t forget about the YouTube search bar as well.

This is IMO one of the “mind tricks” vasectomists use. They compare vasectomy to tubal ligation. But women have lots of other different contraceptives to choose from. Birth control pills, hormone implants or shots, IUD. Why don’t they compare those to vasectomy instead?

It’s just about impossible to find anyone comparing the rate and severity of complications from vasectomy vs non-surgical contraception for women. Combination birth control pills are a good example. The most severe complication is deep venous thrombosis, which is said to occur in 1/2000. And there is an even smaller risk of hepatic adenoma, a benign tumor. All other side-effects from birth control pills are reversible - they will go away when they stop taking the pill.

I hear you. Once you become aware of so many things, so much is all to common.

It wasn’t long ago that one of my daughters ended up having a heart attack that stemmed from the use of birth control. I will double check what perticular birth control that was. It seems it was a pill form, but it might’ve been an injection.

To protect her identity, I will not post a link to her story, but this is the second time I have mentioned what happened to her on this site.

Hey @Francis, I wanted to thank you for starting this thread. Obviously I did not agree with the point of view presented in the OP, but that’s ok. There are a few other threads on this site that hit on the tubal ligation “safer or better” topics, although they don’t dig much below the surface of heard understanding or the heard mentality of TL.

This thread influenced me to do nearly a days worth of research on tubal ligation. It wasn’t my first dig by any means, but like always, I learned a lot.

I don’t understand how Dr jessie Mills MD has came to such a conclusion. Seems like he is giving his personal opinion, cherry picking data, misleading men and women that are not doing their own homework, etc.

Pelvic Congestion Syndrome and Tubal Ligation: PTLS or Tubal Ligation Side Effect?

Effie’s Personal Tubal Ligation Story

Four days after her tubal ligation, she experienced lower back pain, pelvic pressure, insomnia, nausea, joint pain in the knees and ankles, fatigue, and anger.

How can Dr jessie Mills MD make such statements when pelvic congestion syndrome, post tubal ligation syndrome, and side effects exist?

One thing I keep seeing in my research is so much conflicting information regarding the success rate and long term patency rates involved with TL reversal. To me, the reversability aspect of TL seems comparable in many ways to the reversability aspect of VR. Similar suspects are at play regarding success and long term patency of TL reversal at minimum.

Like VR, I feel pretty confident saying that the experience level of the surgeon doing the TL reversal or VR is key or a critical factor regarding specific aspects of success, including long term patency.

When it comes to long term patency specifically, there are other things to consider as well. I digress.

Unfortunately, my research yielded many examples of woman in the states that seemed to be desperate enough to roll the dice with just about any TL reversal surgeon, including those in Mexico.

I’d guess most people don’t realize that the tubal ligation procedure is comparable to vasectomy in many ways. How so? Both tend to involve the use of metal clips, cauterization, tying stuff off, etc. The bi products of such things seem to lead to the same or similar places. Scarring, nerves, issues with blood flow, and so on.

I couldn’t help but wonder if many women that have a TL reversal for pain or to aleve various side effects aren’t comparable in many ways to men that have a VR for pain or to aleve various side effects. I could be wrong, but given everything I am aware of, I have a gut feeling that long term patency isn’t necessarily required to get some relief from TL reversal.

I previously mentioned some very interesting and thought provoking statistics regarding TL reversal for pain.

A recent study of 91 women reporting PTLS used a standardized questionnaire prior to tubal reversal and at 6 month intervals following tubal ligation reversal to gather statistical data regarding the possible effects of tubal reversal on PTLS symptoms. The study found that 90% of reported improvement in their PTLS symptoms, 8% reported no change, and 2% reported an increase in symptoms after tubal ligation reversal.

Such statistics look all to familiar. They have a striking similarly to VR for pain statistics, or they are comparable anyway. Obviously VR for pain statistics do not or should not include VR for side effects statistics, but something tells me the two get mixed up in the wash to some extent.

1 Like

Cheers thanks I dont know anything about tubules so I was only listening to what he said