I like many with PVPS has a plethora of issues including pelvic floor, neck pain, low back pain, etc. The toughest one to deal with outside of the testicle/scrotum pain has been the low back pain. With that in mind, I thought I would post some things that help with the low back pain given all of the other issues in play and let guys post other suggestions:
- Stability or exercise ball for sitting - my chiropractor suggested this one and it has made a big difference. Instead of sitting on a normal chair which can be painful quickly, I typically sit on this ball. The theory is that is forces you to redistribute your weight/tension more evenly. It has helped me quite a bit and does not make the scrotum pain worse. Then when I sit on a normal chair or drive in a car, I find that I better distribute my weight with the muscle memory from sitting on the ball.
- Chiropractor - no brainer here. This has helped quite a bit for the low back.
- Massage - another no brainer here. Deep tissue massage on back.
- Gut health/constipation - since you may be taking narcotics or are just really tense, you can really get backed up frequently further adding tension to the low back. I use herbal tea, stool softeners, Mirilax, healthy eating to aid here.
- Yoga - I have not done this yet but this was a suggestion by Kevin Hauber
- Swimming or aquatic therapy - another good suggestion by Kevin Hauber and others on this board
- Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) - has helped a little bit. You can buy one of these online for a few hundred bucks.