Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Post vasectomy pain, 3 months, worried about chronic pain, investigating surgical options

Hmm, that’s quite a high dose. Bear in mind that lyrica/pregabalin is roughly 6 times more potent than gabapentin. Hence a tablet is 50mg vs 300mg for gabapentin.
About 4-6 months after my vasectomy I was on up to 2400mg gabapentin but in the end I realized the effect was rather small.
And at that dose most of the drug is cleared before having a real effect. In the other hand pregabalin is more fat soluble and there more likely to have a linear increase in effect with increasing dose.
I GP prescribed the up to 2400 mg/day but I have later talked to experts in neuropathic pain who were hesitant to go to that dose…
I hope your pain levels will start decreasing.

1 Like

My hint will be look at pain management if u have pvps the a small opportunity that can help if u have pvpd what I have it’s very long winded feel free to ask me what I’m on

0 Likes

A quick update 7 months post vas:
I am still on Tramadol and Lyrica (Pregabalin), started to reduce it, am halfway through with it and taking 2 x 50 mg Tramadol and 2 x 150 Lyrica these days. I have tried some other drugs, exchanging Tramadol for Tapentadol (making things worse for me, especially emotionally), trying TCA (Nortryptylin), Cymbalta, etc. I also have a 1:1 solution THC:CBD but haven’t tried that yet. Weaning off on Tramadol and Lyrica to current levels gave me very strong withdrawal symptoms, that hit me totally unprepared. I am currently trying - again - Nortryptylin, am at 30 mg, no impact really. I have been doing pelvic floor exercises, no big relief, even though I like to think they help. Doing mindfulness exercises & meditation - no help (but I am not very good at it). Have done 5 sessions of acupuncture this week - no change. I am heavily thinking about surgical options right now. I noticed I have an itching sensation on my epi; not sure what if anything it means. I don’t think I have congestion, I believe not a lot here have true congestion problems, I think it’s all nerve related. Have been taking Papaya seed - no relief; actually I believe it did give me heart race, so I stopped it for some time, and heart race stopped. Am taking it now again, but as before - no impact. I am currently wondering about the following: if I don’t ejaculate in a long time, as I did in the first few weeks to approx. 4 months post vas (perhaps once a week), I got pain sitting “deep”, hard to locate, maybe where the prostate is. A MRI actually showed it could be prostatitis. Then, when I started to ejaculate more often (3-4 times a week), this went away, but then I get sore in my testicles. Does anyone have experienced something similar?

0 Likes

Who’s here on long-term Tramadol, Lyrica, Nortriptyline?
I am interested of course how it messes with you if you take it for years.

0 Likes

Wow I’m on morphine gabapentine paracetamol tramadol tens machine see other replays in my name get off the tapentadol if u can try acupuncture and tens machine tho that’s my advice . A good hobby for when ur home. Ops can nerve devregation ,nerve removal ,ocoloptamy ,rejoining nerve tissue and Reversal also ask for Botox trials in us shows it helps with none complications vesctomy for 3 to 6 months directly into scrotum sack tho again just what I see on my twitter and Xbox pages I’m on Reddit here and NHS choices too

0 Likes