Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Post vasectomy pain, 3 months, worried about chronic pain, investigating surgical options

Hmm, that’s quite a high dose. Bear in mind that lyrica/pregabalin is roughly 6 times more potent than gabapentin. Hence a tablet is 50mg vs 300mg for gabapentin.
About 4-6 months after my vasectomy I was on up to 2400mg gabapentin but in the end I realized the effect was rather small.
And at that dose most of the drug is cleared before having a real effect. In the other hand pregabalin is more fat soluble and there more likely to have a linear increase in effect with increasing dose.
I GP prescribed the up to 2400 mg/day but I have later talked to experts in neuropathic pain who were hesitant to go to that dose…
I hope your pain levels will start decreasing.

My hint will be look at pain management if u have pvps the a small opportunity that can help if u have pvpd what I have it’s very long winded feel free to ask me what I’m on

A quick update 7 months post vas:
I am still on Tramadol and Lyrica (Pregabalin), started to reduce it, am halfway through with it and taking 2 x 50 mg Tramadol and 2 x 150 Lyrica these days. I have tried some other drugs, exchanging Tramadol for Tapentadol (making things worse for me, especially emotionally), trying TCA (Nortryptylin), Cymbalta, etc. I also have a 1:1 solution THC:CBD but haven’t tried that yet. Weaning off on Tramadol and Lyrica to current levels gave me very strong withdrawal symptoms, that hit me totally unprepared. I am currently trying - again - Nortryptylin, am at 30 mg, no impact really. I have been doing pelvic floor exercises, no big relief, even though I like to think they help. Doing mindfulness exercises & meditation - no help (but I am not very good at it). Have done 5 sessions of acupuncture this week - no change. I am heavily thinking about surgical options right now. I noticed I have an itching sensation on my epi; not sure what if anything it means. I don’t think I have congestion, I believe not a lot here have true congestion problems, I think it’s all nerve related. Have been taking Papaya seed - no relief; actually I believe it did give me heart race, so I stopped it for some time, and heart race stopped. Am taking it now again, but as before - no impact. I am currently wondering about the following: if I don’t ejaculate in a long time, as I did in the first few weeks to approx. 4 months post vas (perhaps once a week), I got pain sitting “deep”, hard to locate, maybe where the prostate is. A MRI actually showed it could be prostatitis. Then, when I started to ejaculate more often (3-4 times a week), this went away, but then I get sore in my testicles. Does anyone have experienced something similar?

Who’s here on long-term Tramadol, Lyrica, Nortriptyline?
I am interested of course how it messes with you if you take it for years.