I had a vasectomy 10 weeks ago. My symptoms are listed below. I’d be interested in input from any of you guys that have walked this road. I have ongoing pelvic and testicular pain and am considering going ahead to see Dr. Parekattil or Dr. Marks. Dr. P, is there a way to go about a consult before flying out to Florida for an appointment? I live in Houston, TX.
So, here are my two issues:
About a week after the vasectomy, the testicular pain set in, particularly on the left side. To this point, I would describe my current testicular condition as follows:
- Right side is seemingly quite swollen (much larger than the left), but not that painful.
- Left side is painful to touch in certain spots and sometimes when moving, but pain is not constant.
- Entire area is seemingly very loose — hurts to jump, etc.
Pelvic Problems & Pain
This has been the more perplexing problem. About 10 days after the vasectomy, I started getting a sharp pain (this doubles me over) in the far right side of my pelvis that would come only upon strong exertion while standing — (coughing, yelling, loud singing, clearing throat, etc.). At about the 3 or 4 week mark, I started having problems starting to urinate and my pelvis would throb and gurgle at night, waking me up. At different times over these 10 weeks, docs have prescribed 3 different antibiotics, NSAIDs, and flomax for the urinary issues. At the 8 week mark, I saw a hernia specialist and had a CT scan. They found no hernia and the CT showed a narrowing in my ureter which my urologist followed with a scope and dilation of the ureter, hoping that help (which I don’t think accomplished anything but a sore abdomen and making me pee blood). My current pelvic condition is:
- Still having very sharp pain in the pelvis from time to time while standing and exerting, particularly when clearing throat or singing (I’m a singer, so that’s not helpful)
- Starting urinating still takes a while and I’m urinating frequently at night.
- Besides the sharp pain (on the right side), the pelvis feels generally throbby throughout (left, right, & center) and weak most of the time, particularly when standing or laying on my back.
If anyone can comment on these symptoms, I’d be grateful. Any docs, what next steps or consultations would you recommend?
Thanks for your help. It’s been a tough 10 weeks.