Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

New here, pain in left testicle, left lower back, left hip, sciatic nerve left side down leg through to foot

Hi guys,

I’m really not sure where to start.

About 6 months ago I had a closed ended vasectomy where they apparently used titanium clips to close off the Vas, immediately I was in pain.

A week later the pain developed into lower back pain, hip pain, and pain down my sciatic nerve, I have been on endone, lyrica and anti inflammatory drugs including prednisalone. Endone (oxycodone) occasionally gives relief. Lyrica is hit and miss and I’m basically feeling so fucked over by this whole deal as with out any pain medication I can’t even sleep, it has with out any doubt been the worst pain I’ve ever dealt with. Driving is a challenge, laying down is a challenge … Everything is hell.

I went to a urologist who sent me to a pain clinic, she was super arrogant and refused to admit it could be due to the vasectomy, which really pissed me off as ultimately I’ve never had any pain until I got the thing done… And it’s all left sided… With shooting pain through the testicle also, they’ve done mri on lower back, showing nothing significant.

I don’t know what to do, feeling lost, has anyone had similar situations and if so what cause of action did they take? I’m in Melbourne Australia and can’t seem to get any solid advice, I’m starting to become highly depressed and I feel my mental state is declining from the meds.

Please help :frowning: thank you

2 Likes

I had pains you are describing, all the way and including my right foot. Try some conservative treatments like papaya seeds powders, search for threads on this forum.

I would steer you to my post. I’m having lots of neuropathic issues too. There are lots of things you can try to calm it down.

My Experience, with list of non-invasive treatments

That’s not great news, but it doesn’t mean you are screwed.

Definitely.

I can’t say that we know a lot about who the go to people are in Australia. We have a few registered members from there though.

Reading a whole lot here may stress you out further. It does some, and doesn’t others. Hard to say really.

There’s a whole list of things you could try. Far more than I care to type out at the moment. The search bar on this site may be helpful.

It’s likely a good idea to try concervative treatments first - medications, natural supplements, physical therapy, and so on… no needles, no knives, etc.

Like I suggested earlier, pain from day one that never changed isn’t good, but it doesn’t disqualify you from never getting better one way or another over time. Perhaps you can elaborate on your pain timeline a bit more. That may be helpful in regarding understanding your situation a bit better.

That’s all I got at the moment brother.

Good luck.

Hey @The_Vegan_Goat,

Not sure if you already searched the forum and came across the thread below, but there are a few docs in Australia that were recently mentioned there. As I was suggesting earlier, there are several members from Australia that have posted on this site. If you don’t find the thread below helpful, use the search bar on this site to find other relevant threads and posts.