A few people have asked me to up date the group on my reversal recovery. Rather than hijacking others threads, I am starting one here. As you have seen me state, please nothing negative as I am focused on recovery and need all the positive healing thoughts in my mind. I feel obligated to post as I used this forum as support and advisor. I am still going through recovery so I am not sure the outcome but truly believe I will heal. (Must have belief to heal the body).
So back background:
-Vasectomy April 15, 2019 (dark lame day). I was very anxious during the procedure which did not help.
-Pain pretty constant after the vasectomy. As I understand more now, I was dealing with inflammation and then nerve issues.
- switched urologist in week 8 as mine was not proving helpful or empathetic. Saw dr werthman in LA and really liked him. Also spoke with with Dr Turek and really liked him too.
- received steroid pack for inflammation as Aleve wasn’t cutting it. Most importantly, doc referred me to pelvic floor therapy though I had to find my own local one.
- started pelvic floor therapy July 1. At first I wa led a skeptic. In hindsight, best decision and money ever. She got both the nerves and scare tissue down. I will go deeper below in my understanding as to why it’s working.
- saw massive improvement over 3 months as nerves calmed down as did inflammation. Saw PT 1-2 a week. We even toons fam beach trip in August
- Unfortunately, my epi’s did not calm down.
- whenever this misses and I tried to enjoy the new found non baby freedom, pain would spike for a few days, which would then re trigger inflammation and nerve pain. Viscious cycle.
- looking at options, I wanted to focus on healing long term and decided on reversal end of sept. I want Christmas and summer 2020!
- I was very VERY nervous as if this was the right decision. I still have some concern but mostly feel it was right.
- the first 1-3 weeks were absolute hell. I got the lowest I ever got in life. Like low low low.
- i fortunately started reading books and really turned my mental side around which has definitely helped my physical side.
(So this post is the background. I will post my next entry now from another posting I posted at the 3 week mark. I will try and keep this up to date going forward, though I am purposely staying away as I focus on positiveness as I recover to 100%)