Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

My journey after bilateral denervation of spermatic cord

Update! on the 1 hour drive to Cleveland cliniic to have denervation done. my testes took a beating. was about a 7 out of ten on pain. testes were aching bad vas cord felt weird, surgery was about 5 or 6 hours ago. as of now my incension area is what’s hurting. Now i will for sure say meds and everything have not fully worn off. really no swelling or bruising in teste areas or incension sites. My left teste use to hang way higher then right because of cremaster. Now with it being cut it hangs lower on leftside very interesting… warning for me and users of this site. as of right now i feel 100% pain free in both testis. But this could be possible due to medications before during surgery or after!! im excited I’ve never been this pain free in 3 years. im hoping in the days following pain does not creep up on me. like i said its really early but feel like things are going in right direction so far. Thankyou everyone for the valuably information from the site I’ve read for years… I will continue to give weekly updates on how the healing process effects me. oh also no numb patches anywhere like some people have reported i was expecting it to be in thigh groin area but dont seem to have any numb patches of skin to best of my knowledge. im also standing up as i type this. im about to eat and start the icing process now!!!

2 Likes

Great to hear and good luck with your recovery man! Take it easy and please keep us posted

1 Like

11 hours post denervation bruising at incision sites also at corpus cavernosum aka first inch of penis. been icing testis plus incision sites often. also taking tylenol and advil. taking 5mgs of oxy is surprising helping with post pain well. 2 hours ago heart beat was acting crazy. 73bpm to 120 bpm. has finally settled to 100 bpm. update 24 hour heartbeat settled to normal 60 to 70 bpm. no bowel movements today. I suspect I’m constipated due to meds. so i did 2 shots of magnesium citrate. hopefully that softens stool up in morning… 24 hour update this is a scary thing to say. as of now my pain from post vasectomy was worse i could barely walk first 24 hours. day 2 and three will be real test for post denervation… still constipated trying coffee now. have to for sure soften stool or it could cause a load of problems… im more tender incision sites. very slight pain on and off in right testie from bending certain ways. feels more like healing pain then nerve pain. slightly itchy. I for sure have 90% less sensation on testis just from touching them. I have gently moved testis around alittle looking for pain slight pain in testicle was not like pain i experienced in pass… pain level in right testicle 1 out of 10. like i said first 24 hours post I’ve had less pain from denervation then vasectomy which i find to be amazing!!i never in a lifetime thought i could say that. now that’s just one day a lot can change… as far as incisions post pain 5 out of 10 on pain. whatever you believe in weather its god, budda ,Muhammad talk to them. if you don’t believe. believe in yourself and push forward. im trying so hard to be positive I’m reporting 99% pain relief in testis in first 24 hours. i hope i continue on right path. i said i would update after a week but can not help myself. i feel like people need to know every little detail. im still constipated that’s another big challenge. Do not want to have to push needs to be natural. It could cause more pain. That’s is all i have for now…

3 Likes

Good luck! I’m 2.5 weeks post surgery, doing well, still unclear if it was a success. Time will tell.

1 Like

Slight swelling in testis. Im still really taking my time walking around the house.slight abdominal discomfort feel bloated in that area. Very slight pain in right cord area from bending sitting walking. I notice with no cremated muscle the sac skin tightens up to protect testis. 26 hours in post relived to say I had a bowl movement. Right hip feels kind of weird at times. Could pelvic floor muscles be. Calming down. Who knows. The pelvic stretches use to help a little with pain. Incisions are starting to harden up more. 30 hours in. Slightly more feeling in left and right testis. Hope pain isn’t being masked by incisions. 32 hours in first inch of penis is starting to swell. Testis slightly swollen.6-10 on post pain. Mostly feels uncomfortable. Day 3 in a lot of pain waking up incisions and both testis. When i bend or stand I’m misearable. Incisions are really Harding. Testicles and penis still slightly swollen. More pressure in testis when I sat up out of bed. Really hurts 8-10 on pain scale. The incisions is what’s making testicles hurt for sure. Pain really intense in lower abdominal by Incisions areas. 3 hours later as of now almost 3 days in. I feel much better after icing and pain meds. Hopefully things are still on the right path to a full recover. Only slight pain moving certain ways in right testicle now. Icing is my best friend!!

1 Like

Ice Ice Ice!! after my reversal i iced like a mad man for 2 weeks straight then a tappered off but kept icing for like a month, which i feel really helped with swelling and bruising. Of course everyone but stick to what works good luck brother!! keep us posted.

1 Like

Ice and Advil for two weeks then I switched over to heat. Heat opens the blood vessels and helps reduce swelling.

1 Like

Feel much better after icing and pain meds. Hopefully things are on right path. 49 hour mark slight pain in right testcle. Moving to day 4 was able to put my socks on getting up out of bed. Wife had to put them on yesterday. No testis pain today standing up to use the bathroom. However right is slightly tender with slight pain when touching in vas epi area. Incision post pain 6-10 …testicles while sitting down no pain. Just the healing process with incisions is annoying… I use to wakeup every morning with my testes throbbing aching post vasectomy. None of that is happening so far after denervation. Just hope ball pain is not masked by incision pain. Well that’s all I have right now…

1 Like

Your journal reads like you are off to a positive start @Timothy_Jones. I usually don’t get to excited when I see purely positive notes so swiftly because I have done the same thing in the past only to have it bite me in the butt several weeks later. Hopefully that isn’t the case here, and I hope you plow through the rest of your recovery process with seemingly flying colors.

It’s pretty crazy how reviews with the same exact procedure can vary so much.

ATB, good luck.

1 Like

Day 5 very slight brusing on left testicle on sack. Goal as of now is to go back to work on the 17th depending on how healing process goes… Same again today no pain at all in left testis. Right testicle is still sore to the touch epi,spermatic cord. Incisions healing great barely any brusing at sites. Penis still has bruising on first inch or two. If there’s any swelling its very little. Only iced 4 times so far today. . still walking a little weird i think it’s more out of fear of hurting myself… I’ve had 2 morning woods last 2 mornings Pain free both times. I’ve also tested my mind today thinking about sex everything appears it’s ready to go. Time will tell. It’s really scary I’m pain free still in left testicle. That pain never really let up for almost three years Post vas. I honestly think not having creamastor has helped possible quite a bit. The left side was the really bad side. Im mentally trying to prepare myself in case that pain comes one morning when I wake up. I’m hoping it’s gone forever!!! Incision pain is about a 5 out of 10 when moving certain ways. 2 out of 10 just laying down as I type this…

1 Like

Brusing and swelling is pretty much gone, still very tender at incision sites. right ball is still sensitive. Spermatic cord 2 inches below incision is still really sore on right side. Left spermatic cord is a little sore still. Atlease that’s what it feels like. I’d report 95% pain relief in left testis. 50% pain relief in right ball. Walking around more. Also drove to get my drug test to return back to work… It was slightly uncomfortably. No adominal pain yet but time will tell with more activty. The incision pain and spermatic pain does radiate a different type of pain to the testicles. I hope it’s just healing pain…

1 Like

How are you doing these days ,

Also curious how you’re doing

Ok so my left testis is 90% pain relief. That was worse one. Incisions still slightly tender and hurts at times. No more adomnial pain yet… No more aching in either testis so far. The bad news right Testis is very sensitive and it’s a for sure a different pain. If my pants or boxers rub my right testis the Wrong way it’s really bad. Pain is bad. Its for sure taking a toll on me. Also I’m able to ejaculate with no pain in testies. But another problem has formed to . I believe I have penile mondor’s disease. Where the veins bulge out on penis. They get really hard on left side of penis from start to almost to shaft. It does cause some slight pain. So what I researched on that is it usually resolves in 4 to 6 weeks and is caused either by a blood clot some kinda of trama or blood flow going the wrong way. My conclusion so far is I feel great on left side but right needs more time atlease 3 more months. I’ve been really upset letting it get to me with my right side. Work has been tough. And my veins in my penis that’s frustrating. If it wasn’t for right side I’d be 90%. Pain relief for sure. Its really weird with the pain hard to explain. It’s pain in spermatic cord./vas epi. Testie is really sensitive to touch. Was not like that before. 10% chance of causing more pain doctor did say for Denervation. But I still have hope it will resolve. If it doesn’t mega blocks in future with doctor p. I kinda of regret getting right side done but that’s to late now. Doctor did say if I got just left done right usually will resolve. So I made this decision just like my vasectomy. Well it felt good talking about this in pass but today it bring tears to my eyes. I will give another update in month or so sorry guys if I let anyone down.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update man !
It’s not about you letting anyone else down, it’s all about you and your recovery !!!
Good luck, I hope your pain resolves

1 Like

How are you today 6 months after the procedure?

Call me 330 785 6854. Anyone can call me

Tim can talk for long hours about his balls, very exciting! (He knows I’m kidding, we had the surgery at the same time and commiserate often)

2 Likes

targeted cryoablation of the peri-cord right side September 14th wish me luck insurance does not cover. Cost $4300. After bilateral denervation it help left side 90% pain relief. Right side increased pain in epi cord vas area…

targeted cryoablation of the peri-cord right side done!! Updates in a couple weeks…

1 Like