Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) for pain management

I’ve been hesitant to post this but I feel like I have enough days under my belt to mention it. I’ve been taken 4.5mg naltrexone nightly for pain and to appease my curiosity about the drug. If you do a quick search, there are some pretty miraculous claims about it curing everything from RSD/CRPS to autism. I started at 1.5mg, then 3mg, and finally 4.5mg at week 3. I am now at the 3 month mark.

Before I go any further I’d like to say that I haven’t experienced anything miraculous. However, I do feel like it’s helping. Using it for pain and central sensitization is off label but there is a lot of literature to back it. The biggest change I have noticed is my sleep pattern. It’s known to cause insomnia and can be hard for light sleepers. Since my vas, I wake up feeling like I got run over by a train. With LDN I tend to sleep lighter but wake up much easier and have better energy.

Pain wise I have felt good the last few months but I’m always afraid of coincidence. I took my last pill two days ago and there was some confusion with the pharmacy so my Rx was late to mail out (LDN is typically custom made by a compound pharmacy). Today I started getting shooting zingers in my bladder and the same cord stabbing pain that I haven’t felt in months. I also woke up feeling like crap and it took my voice an hour to finally come around. Personally, it seems to be related to the meds considering the timing of it all.

Like I said, it may be complete coincidence. However, if you’re looking for a pain med that seems to be better for long term chronic use, LDN might be worth a try. Luckily my refill showed up this evening so I’m curious to see what tomorrow brings.

1 Like

@Choohooo how you doing since the refill? Did it help with your pains again?

It helped with the neurological stabbing pains. Still have my back pain and muscle pain but a lot of the sharp stabbing pain is greatly reduced.