Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Lack of penis sensitivity & Orgasm strength

I’m getting pretty bummed out. Ive figured out how to manage my pain pretty well with supplements. Only the odd flare up, so that is almost behind me, although sometimes I’m wondering if my other side is developing a granuloma.

I had a granuloma removed almost a year ago now. And I’ve noticed since then, my orgasm strength and sensitivity is going down hill.

Tonight I had an orgasm with my gf and barely even felt it. Im angry.

Could potentially have something to do with the TRT im on, maybe because of less semen volume?

Gah, just feeling really discouraged. I’m 36 now, still decently young. I feel this is karma for all the wild sex and breaking girls hearts in my 20s haha.

Just needed to vent.

1 Like

Hey @Daveydealz, I’ve followed your posts since your granuloma removal surgery.

That had been one of the ideas I was kicking around in my head, and you were one of the few people that was posting updates about it.

I’m glad to hear you have got your pain levels reduced, but I know as I type that it probably still isn’t ideal, but it’s ok because it has been worse and everyone here will gladly take what they can get when it comes to reduced pain.

I’m sorry to hear about the reduced penis sensitivity and orgasm strength. I should know this, but I can’t remember: Have you tried pelvic floor therapy? If not, it might be a good option to try?

I know you were probably joking about your situation being karma for breaking hearts and having wild sex in your 20’s, but I just want to say this anyway:

What you’re dealing with isn’t karma for anything you have done. No one here has done anything in their life to deserve living a life with PVPS. This isn’t your fault. Shit happens in life. You made a responsible decision and shit happened.

PVPS just seems compounded because if doctors were honest about this shit no one would roll the dice on a vasectomy.

Perfectly fine to vent here. PVPS sucks.

2 Likes

Hey man, thanks for the response. Yeah I’ve tried pelvic floor therapy. I think it might have helped a bit with my pain because the surgery definitely caused some muscle imbalance, but I don’t think it really helped with my orgasms and sensitivity.

I’ve been on the liquid form of tart cherry and recently added papaya seed and I think its been the best. Im still not perfect but honestly I’ve had 1 week now with 0 pain, so I’m currently loving it. Sometimes I flare up to a 3-4 but its usually not for more than a few days to a week.

I tried maca, I think it helped with sensitivity and orgasms, but then my pain flared up. Could have been placebo, im not sure. The flare up could have potentially been because I ran out of tart cherry too. So many factors. But I may consider trying it again and be sure to be heavy on the tart cherry and papaya while I take it.

Time seems to be super important on recovery from granuloma removal, although its hard when the pain is there and you want to do something more about it. Its been almost 1 year now, and I can almost say I’m back to where the pain level was before the granuloma removal. Im hopeful that if I wait a longer, I will be pain free. If it takes another year, im perfectly fine with that.

Yeah its hard not to get down about it. So much of this battle is psychological and I have to keep trying to reminding myself that its not my fault.

Having on off pain on the other side is starting to scare me though. I’ve been hesitant to book an ultrasound apt to see if there is one starting on the other side. The ultrasound in February or so said both sides were fine, so we will see.