Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Ketogenic Diet?

Anyone on here ever tried a ketogenic diet? I’ve got some friends that have been following this diet for awhile and they have noticed decreased pain levels for other issues.

First I’ve heard of it. Can you elaborate?

Does it involve not eating things that taste good? Lol

Ha. It does limit certain tasty things. It’s basically a ultra low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet. The goal is to get your body to stop burning carbs and burn fat as energy. Its supposed to limit the insulin response and thus decrease inflammation. Some believe it makes you more effecient at removing unwanted proteins ie scar tissue. In some sense it’s almost a form of paleo but you can’t really eat much fruit. Obviously no grains. Mostly vegetables and healthy fats. It seems hard to sustain especially with picky eater kids but i think I’m going to give it a shot.

Going low/no sugar, low carbs will get you there too. Just stay away from chips, crackers, bread, fries and sugar. I used to do this and you can drop some serious weight. I would have oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts for breakfast and would just do meat and veges. I would not even do ketchup to avoid sugar. If i was hungry if eat an extra portion of protein. Lots of salads. No sweet vinagrettes or anything sweetened.

Sadly I can’t do this diet anymore because NSAIDS have messed my gut up so bad that a high fiber diet makes me sick.

On a side note I noticed when I went vegetarian prior to reversal i had less pain too.

Thanks for the insight. I’ve been paleo lite for awhile and figured i would take it farther. I was hesitant because it seems tough to do but one of the main paleo guys is starting to advocate going keto so i think I’m going to give it a try for at least a month. Ill let you all know if it helps