Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Ketamine in the news

Looks like the FDA is going to approve Esketamine for use in treatment resistant depression. This makes me wonder if ketamine might see an increase in use as a treatment for chronic pain.The new drug is just a nasal spray which is designed to be administered only in an office setting. The formulation and model for distribution are probably why it was approved as it’s impossible to abuse a drug that will never be prescribed directly to individuals.

It would seem to me that because of the psychologically distressing and depressing nature of PVPS it might be a better option for guys than opiods.

I don’t think we’ve ever had any guys on here use Ketamine except maybe as part of a compounded analgesic cream.

It would be nice if it were easy for guys with chronic scrotal/testicular pain to try it.

This is kinda ironic,I visited pain management today and he gave me an option of trying ketamine.

He said that he’s had some great results with neuropathic pain.

I think I’m going to try it as a conservative measure,it’s very expensive €150 per month/$170

He gave me a similar paper as the one you have posted @MikeO

Cool.

You might get the side benefit of a mood lift too. I’d be lying if I said that didn’t interest me as much or more.

Let is know how it goes.