Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

I have my life back :-)

Hey Everyone,

I had a reversal because I linked my insomnia, autoimmune and overall feeling like shit to my vasectomy I had five years ago.

Tomorrow I will be exactly four weeks post reversal surgery. Surgery cost $9,000 USD by Dr. John Greer in Idaho. Pain after surgery never exceeded a #1 on the pain scale. I’ve been back walking and hiking for about a week now, still not ready to lift weights. My scars are ugly as fuck and still inflamed, a bit tender but getting better daily.

Now most importantly, I had my first orgasm last night and blew a load like a 20-year-old and feel like a million bucks!

I knew I was having prostate issues, as my ejaculations were so weak, as was my stamina. I thought it was because I was getting old (41 years old), the wife and I have taken a 5-week break from sex in the past because it was making me so ill and the first orgasm was still anti-climatic (after 5 weeks).

Last night we were like 6 weeks from the last orgasm and seriously I blew four huge ropes, each shot 3 to 4 feet in distance. I haven’t seen anything like it in 10 to 15 years.

In summary, if you are thinking of getting a reversal do so, and do it now. I’m out $9K but feel like I have my sex life back, and more importantly, my health is back.

After a year of research, I’ve discovered that vasectomies lead to prostate cancer (it take 20 years), dementia, lower energy, sex drive, etc… I’m saddened and afraid that many of us men just think its part of getting older - it’s NOT!! We’ve been lied to and made to believe that a vasectomy is an easy, risk-free surgery and that everyone does it. I thought of it like getting my daughters ears pierced, no big deal it’s just something every man does.

It’s not healthy, nor safe. I’ve learned there is a vein that goes from you pituitary gland down the length of your body to your testicles, the testicles then send sperm (information) to your prostate which then communicates with your thyroid and back to the pituitary gland. A vasectomy destroys this hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis.

Finally, I have my life back. Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats, I’m only 6 weeks in and feeling all wrong, testosterone crashed, swollen prostate, pain, lame dribbling orgasms etc I’m already thinking I want out, put the shit back the way it was, no modifications, I run better stock.

Awesome news mate, I’m year after reversal, and my volume is much improved, but unfortunately not to your standards, I but cannot complain.

Congrats and really appreciate the info. Hard to imagine going in for another surgery after such a slow painful year. Next month marks 1 year post-vas. Keep us updated how things progress!

1 Like

Thank you. I am so so so stoked for you. Heading into the reversal ext week, I needed to hear this!

i would not go with a doctor that has to buy ads … my doctor had a 3+ month wait to see him, and maybe 2 more month for surgery … he only does one reversal per week (thursday AM) and is the most experienced in the North West USA, and most likely the west coast … his nurse told me someone flew to Boise idaho from London to have him do the surgery … these other doctors want you to believe that reversals are ‘easy’ … they are not. each vas has 40 stitches in it (an inner and outer ring of 20 stitches) , all 1/10 of the width of a human hair … my doctor is Dr. John Greer at IUI in Meridian Idaho, total cost was just around $9,000.

I remember before my reversal reading here, and wondering how trustworthy these post were … or if its a ‘vacuum’ environment … my story is true, and now I’m maybe 8 weeks post reversal and am continuing to get better … i feel lucky now that my immune system was going so crazy that I HAD to do something to fix it … now it feels like I have a 25 year old dick again … which is amazing because I lost so much sex drive over the last few years.

Hope this helps … I’m happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks ron. Honestly, that’s my biggest concern. I know the reversal is the right call for me as my body and pain is low and I have worked out all the inflammation and nerve stuff. The doc I am scheduled to do supposedly is world renowned but markets. I was able to schedule the reversal within a month. He only does one a day which I do like. He also was not pushing me to a reversal.

I would love to get solid referrals to epic clinic that aren’t all marketing based but I don’t know how to get that. Reviews online are great on different forums are great but I don’t know if I can trust those.

trust your intuition, you have it for a reasons :slight_smile:

hit me up after you’re healed, because I intend to make a documentary about how bad getting a vasectomy is.

Hi Ron. How are you doing now. It’s been a few it seems. How’s the pain?

Hi … I never had any pain … my symptom was insomnia for 4 - 5 nights after orgasim.

Getting the reversal was the best thing I’ve done … i thought I was dying for the last five years, and two weeks post reversal I felt like my old self - I’m sleeping again, having sex again :-), and lifting weights / jogging again … I had my reversal on AUG 1, 2019

Energy is 10x
Sleep is 10x better.
Sex is 10x better
Sex stamina is 10x better.

I have reached out to film makers because I want to make a documentary about this … the biggest thing I found through my 10,000 hours of research on PUBMED is that vasectomies cause prostate cancer, it take 20 years but you’ll get it. (I know studies say they dont, but any Stats 101 class will have you realize otherwise). It also has negative effects on many different organ systems, including the thyroid … the whole time I thought I was dying, my only negative blood maker was an elevated TSH (thyroid hormone )

So you know I’m a real person and not trying to sell you a reversal you can find me on IG / FB @ronslavick … I’m too busy to answer questions via DM, but I am happy to answer them here so everyone can benefit form them.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP WITH MY DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THIS, SEND ME A DM ON IG. (@ronslavick)

Glad to hear it worked out for you; was it a vasovasectomy? I’m only at 6 weeks post vasectomy today but I’m getting more and more resolved to just get a reversal. The pain isn’t horrible, probably a 1-5 depending on if I’m taking my 2400 mg of ibuprofen plus tylonal a day, but my sex life is wrecked. I feel like I always have blue balls and getting off only makes it way worse. It’s maddening and i can’t live my life like this; it’s worse the risk.

Just a nit, but I got caught up by this arguing with people on twitter. The term is “vasovasostomy”, not “vasovasectomy”.

2 Likes

Thanks. Wish I didn’t have to become acquainted with all this new nomenclature.

2 Likes