Had vasectomy in 2007, reversal in 2016 failed (pulled apart), redo in 2017 returned sperm to ejaculate. My left testicle has never been 100% since this surgery. Since that time, sperm have disappeared twice for months at a time, in both cases, after long courses of antibiotics, they came back. After the second disappearance of sperm, I saw several doctors, one who suggested a third vas reversal. Around this time (Feb 2019) I started getting burning pain near the re-connection site. Early on, I also had shooting pain into the abdomen. I occasionally have a good day, but am hopeful someone has a suggestion on getting more relief or (fingers crossed) complete pain relief.
So far, I’ve had
- a nerve block/steroid, which worked some, but I can’t do anymore as the doctor said the steroids will throw off my testosterone, and we’re trying to get pregnant.
- Taken NSAIDS (aspirin seems to work the best, but I’ve taken them until I basically hemorrhage uncontrollably if I get cut, scraped, bruised)
- Taken Tumeric/Curcumin (as a replacement for aspirin) not sure it’s helping really
- Acupuncture, weekly for a couple of months. I feel like it’s helping, but, then again, I’m on this forum after a couple of months and $1k+ of treatments.
- I cut out almost all processed foods, only eat warm foods and room temp or warmer green tea or heavily purified (6-stage filter) water
- Try to walk regularly
These are all things I’ve read will help. On a bad day now, I’m about 50% of the pain I was in in March, 2019, and I’ve even had a couple of days since doing acupuncture where I was almost completely pain free, but it was usually back within a day or 2. Having those few days have actually given me hope that I can be pain free, that’s why the acupuncture guy keeps getting my $.
That being said, that’s my experience, anyone have other suggestions of things that have helped? I’m also open to answering any questions anyone has about my 3 years of left testicle pain.