Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Had the reversal today by Dr. Burroughs in AZ at ICVR

Hi guys. First off, I want to thank EVERYONE on here who has posted their experiences with this part of our lives. I read through almost everything dealing with this. It was because of this group, you all, who helped me to realize why everything wasn’t working right downstairs, my disconnect from my penis, the pain in my balls, and my depressive viewpoint on life. The recommendation for ICVR literally was/is a life saver. I’ve been in bed all day icing. The pain is more like a low level soreness than anything. I will post a time line of events type of post when I get a chance. All I will say is this, my decision to come here was based on one thing, if I was going to go through with this surgery, I wanted to go to a place where it’s been done over 6000 times (2000 by Dr Burroughs) on people from 80 different countries. They are a professional outfit with partnerships with hotels and driver services. The absolute nicest people, made me feel at ease and at home when I arrived there, explained everything, then did the procedure. I don’t remember anything. Literally, other than a few sentences prior to the iv. Woke up fully dressed in a chair looking at my girlfriend. Guys, do not give up hope. I had the titanium clips. They are the cause of your problems if you have them. They need to be removed. I’m about to go to sleep, but, I will give a detailed example of my experience to help you all like you all helped me. One love.

Les

3 Likes

@Regretvasect, great to hear your positive experience so far! Last I recall, you were scheduled to have a reversal done in March in CT. Do you mind sharing why you delayed the procedure and changed surgeons? Thanks

When I visited the doctor in CT (who allegedly is the “top” reversal doctor in CT), his bedside manner was horrendous. When I left there, I was more confused and worried than when I went in. I decided to do it based on what he said and what the numerous sites on the internet said. Over a few weeks span, as my life events began making me rethink the time of the reversal, I was at work and went to call his office to see if I could reschedule. I didn’t have his number on me, so I looked his name up. Bam, all types of reviews and info popped up. The one that changed my mind was a review from a guy who had surgery done on him (not vas reversal) and said that no one should go to him for anything. His said his name should be changed to Dr Shaky Hands. He said his hands were so shaky that he had to have another surgeon in the room with him. All I could think about was there was no way that man was going to put his hands on my balls. So I decided that if I’m going to do this, I need to go to an expert. Already, 12 hours after walking in ICVR doors, I don’t regret the time or money spent to come here. Dr Burroughs came by my hotel room this morning at 730 am to check on me and inspect the surgery sites. Everything looked great, and he told me safe travels, any problems don’t hesitate to call him. 10 minutes after he left, his office called to check on me and make sure I was following the personalized booklet they made me. Just incredible experience.

1 Like

Sounds like you really dodged a bullet with the CT surgeon! Glad you found the right help. I am most likely going to be scheduling mine with Dr. Burrows as well.

Glad you had a good experience! I am currently five months post reversal, and it has been a long process of healing. Currently I have low level soreness most of the time, which gets worse when I sit for long periods, but I am hopeful that things might be starting to improve. Currently also seeing a physio for pelvic floor / chronic pain. I hope your recovery is quick! After my reversal the swelling was horrendous, dont get a fright, it does come down over two weeks or so. Best wishes.

Who did your reversal? I’m glad it sounds like the pain now is different and easier to handle than before the reversal

It was a Dr Zarrabi in Cape Town, South Africa. He seems very good, and has done a lot of them, mainly for fertility.

@Regretvasect, How’s your recovery going?

It’s going a lot better than I expected, but, right to the letter of what Dr Burroughs said. I plan on starting my timeline of events from actual vas to reversal tonight. I’m going to break it up into sections so it’s not extremely long and guys can read and follow. Hopefully it mirrors a lot of guys experience and will help them to make that decision