Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Dr. Sijo Parekattil's new office & cost-effective technology in Winter Garden, Florida

Dear all,
Just wanted to let everyone know about our new office in Winter Garden, Florida. At my previous clinic, PUR Clinic, we were hospital employed and I decided to become independent and start our own new clinic: Avant Concierge Urology. Over the last several years, health care costs have really risen quite dramatically and many of our patients even with insurance are being priced out. I have really become frustrated with the rising costs at larger healthcare systems and decided that the only way to try to reduce costs is by trying to do more of our treatment options in office and ambulatory surgery type settings to try to control our overhead costs. We have partnered with Karl Storz from Germany and are building the first ever office based micro-surgical suites in the US. This new technology provides unparalleled microsurgical optical magnification and allows the surgeon 3D visualization on 55" digital high definition screens in an ergonomic fashion to allow for greater surgical ease during complex microsurgical procedures. This technology allows us to perform microsurgical cases in an office based setting with IV sedation or nitrous sedation, thus significantly reducing our overhead costs. I really believe in giving patients the financial benefit of lower overhead costs and thus, we have reduced the pricing on a number of our procedures:

Below is a listing of our new self pay pricing at Avant:
a) Vasectomy Reversal - total out of pocket charge is $3600 - includes surgery & IV sedation (we also offer nitrous sedation now for patients who do not want IV anesthesia)
b) Targeted blocks & cord blocks - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $500 total out of pocket charge (includes nitrous sedation)
c) Targeted peri-cord or nerve cryoablation - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $2600 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation), there is an additional $500 charge for the optional allogen injection
d) Targeted microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $2750 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation), there is an additional $1000 charge for the optional cord bio-wrap

Our new clinic will be up & running 11/2/2020. However, we are offering telehealth consultations currently and I would be glad to talk to anyone interested in a telehealth consult. Hope this info is helpful.
Feel free to contact me directly at: sijo@avantconciergeurol.com
with any questions or at: info@avantconciergeurol.com to setup a telehealth consult

Thank you

Sijo Parekattil, M.D.
Director, Avant Concierge Urology
15548 W. Colonial Drive, Winter Garden, FL 34787

3 Likes

@S_Parekattil_MD

Your dedication to patients and your specialty is unquestionable. This clinic will become the new standard for treating PVPS and a beacon of hope to all that suffer from urological conditions. Thank you for your continued support and work on our behalf.

3 Likes

Thank you for your support. Grateful that you let us take care of you.

1 Like

Thank you for what you’re doing! I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever felt more comfortable with than you and, of course, Dr. Thomas, for my condition (thankfully nearly 2 years without pain).

1 Like

Dear all,
Had to make some minor corrections for pricing - I had made a mistake with the prior posting with some of the IV sedation costs.
Below is a listing of our new self pay pricing at Avant:
a) Vasectomy Reversal - total out of pocket charge is $3950 - includes surgery, IV sedation (we also offer nitrous sedation now for patients who do not want IV anesthesia) & first post-op phone f/u,
b) Targeted blocks & cord blocks - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $500 total out of pocket charge (includes nitrous sedation)
c) Targeted peri-cord or nerve cryoablation - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $2600 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation), there is an additional $500 charge for the optional allogen injection
d) Targeted microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $3400 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation & first post-op phone f/u), there is an additional $1000 charge for the optional cord bio-wrap
Thank you for letting us take care of you

2 Likes

Hi @S_Parekattil_MD thank you for keeping us posted .

Two questions:

1. The cost of the vasectomy reversal its the same for vasovasostomy than for vasoepididymostomy?

2. I´ve read somewhere here in the forum that for PVPS you do or prefer the vasovasostomy option. Is that correct? And in that case, why?

Thank you very much for been here.
Ary N. from Argentina
(We spoke by the phone 5 or 6 time last year)

The cost for the vasovasostomy is the same as vasoepididymostomy. Cannot discuss medical issues via forums like this with patients - please call our office at 407-547-1654 to setup a phone/whatsapp call with me. I would be glad to go over options and answer all your questions.

1 Like

I have to say, Dr. P’s. new clinic is nothing short of amazing! Everyone on his staff treated me so well. The surgery was precise and we are hopeful it will be successful in reducing my pain. (I’ll post updates about that part in my own thread in the future as I’m still healing.) His clinic set me up with a butler for the day, Jeff. Super nice guy and happy to have him since I was on my own. Aside from superior surgical skills and a great patient experience, Dr. P. makes things affordable. I cannot recommend his clinic enough.

1 Like

What is optional cord bio-wrap

This is great news. Not surprising from my standpoint. While I have no complaints about my local PVPS treatment at the Cleveland Clinic (Drs. Thomas back in the mid-2000s, Dr. Sabanegh, and Dr. Shoskes), I found myself going to Dr. P. back in the 2017-18 timeframe because he offered a ladder approach of therapies and, specifically, a therapeutic cord block with steroid and botox that wasn’t available here at home. First class treatment all the way, and every single nurse expressed their love and enjoyment in working for Dr. P.

Ironically, Dr. P. did his fellowship under Dr. Thomas (who did my reversal in 2006) just before I developed PVPS in late 2005 and was on staff there while I was being treated by Dr. Thomas. Didn’t meet Dr. P. while being treated then, but he’s the closest I’ve found to Dr. Thomas in terms of bedside manner, compassion, and respect from the nursing staff.

Dear all,
Thank you for the feedback. Starting the new clinic in these times has been a challenge and we tried to incorporate a lot of features to try to make it more comfortable and welcoming. I really just want to treat every patient the way I would like to be treated. In these tough economic times, its definitely a challenge !! Please let me know if there is anything you think we can do better.

To answer one of the questions above, the optional bio-wrap is a scaffold material derived from human amniotic membrane tissue that helps with tissue healing and might reduce scarring and disorganized nerve regrowth.

We have done a bunch of cases so far, and its been going really well so far. Unfortunately, I did miscalculate some of our disposable costs and anesthesia costs and have had to increase our pricing for our procedures a bit. I am trying to make sure that we keep our margins as minimal as possible to relay all the cost savings of doing these procedures in an office setting w/ IV sedation to the patient.

Below is a listing of our revised self pay pricing at Avant:
a) Vasectomy Reversal - total out of pocket charge is $4500 - includes surgery, IV sedation (we also offer nitrous sedation now for patients who do not want IV anesthesia) & first post-op phone f/u,
b) Targeted blocks & cord blocks - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $800 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation), if pt desires nitrous (total charge is $600),
c) Targeted peri-cord or nerve cryoablation - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $4000 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation), there is an additional $500 charge for the optional allogen injection
d) Targeted microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord - usually covered by insurance, but if pt desires self pay pricing - $4500 total out of pocket charge (includes IV sedation & first post-op phone f/u), there is an additional $1000 charge for the optional cord bio-wrap
Thank you for letting us take care of you

1 Like