Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

"Dancing Megasperm" in your epididymis

“Dancing megasperm” is believed to represent clusters of agglutinated spermatozoa within dilated epididymal tubules in patients with an obstruction of the spermatic duct.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6328642/

And a video:

1 Like

So my balls hurt because my sperm have mutated into "megasperm"and are having a dance off. Great. Would be funny if it didn’t hurt so much.

1 Like

I’m not surprised, this is what came out of me today, and this is just one tiny droplet

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question, but where do the sperm go if you’re open ended. I get that they are supposed to be absorbed by the body somehow, but do they have enough mobility to swim up into weird areas? Can they say swim up your sperm cord into your abdomen and other places?

I don’t think we really know the answer to that. The sperm would be spilling into the space in your scrotum around the spermatic cord, but the majority of the sperm are walled off by the body, forming a granuloma. I have seen some people talk about finding stray sperm in weird places (e.g. lymph nodes).

This is a pretty upsetting concept, so to avoid causing panic I want to emphasize that I think there has been a lot of study of vasectomy and it’s impact on many diseases, especially the most serious diseases. The science seems to show that there is no reason to worry that stray sperm are going to cause disease or shorten your life. (Other than chronic pain, unfortunately. And possibly a small increase in the prostate cancer risk.)

I had the same question after my reversal when the reversal doc said I was “actively leaking” from both vas tips. I had a closed-end vas 13 months prior but apparently that wasn’t enough to control my half of life. He never gave me a great answer, but my guess is that at least some of the sperm was out in the open. I think that’s what needs to microscopic scar tissue along nerves and, thus, pain. Just my theory.

You could be onto something @raising4girls, I read that prolonged inflammation converts to scar tissue

2 Likes