Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Congestive pain cured with papaya seed powder!

Has anyone on here tried this particular product from eBay? I ordered it because I thought maybe it would be better than the Bulk Supplements. But when it came today it smells pretty bad and looks different than the finely ground bulk supplements powder. It’s “homemade” so no label or packaging of any kind. Came from Sri Lanka. I’m feeling less confident about ingesting something I know so little about its origins. https://www.ebay.com/itm/173207636760?ul_noapp=true

0 Likes

I haven’t tried that exact product from that exact seller, but I have got papaya seed powder on eBay several times, including from that region of the world, and it was basically homemade to. The stuff I got from that region of the world came in a shiny silver cellophane packet. It didn’t come in a western style mega marketing package with all the bling on it.

Several guys on here have tried products from the same eBay sellers I spoke of above, especially those that ship internationally. Those seller names have been posted on this site, and perhaps in this thread many times. As of today, I’ve never read a review on this site that suggested anyone received something bad, nasty, etc.

None of the papaya seed powder I’ve ever bought smelled like something I wanted to eat, drink, etc. Even the product I reviewed as the best I ever tried didn’t smell like something I wanted to eat either. Most guys mix it into something to take the edge off.

Far as bulk supplements product, I feel pretty confident saying it’s not going to smell or taste great right out of the package either. And FYI, it’s a product of China, and to the best of my knowledge it’s a GMO product to.

Best advice I can think to give you is, buy another product, and compare them. And obviously, if you feel strongly that there’s something wrong with the product you received, don’t take it.

1 Like

Thank you all for this awesome thread. I had my vasectomy 2 months ago, followed by a very serious latent infection 1 month ago that turned into sepsis.

Now I suddenly have new symptoms that are exactly as many of you have described: a sense of heavy and larger testicles, redness, overall tenderness and scrotal pain (as well as what seems to be some pelvic floor pain) and a notably swollen epididymis on one side that is very tender. My urologist couldn’t have seemed to care less and just shrugged it off with saying “anti inflammatories, rest, and time”. While I don’t disagree with him, I do want to be proactive in helping my body to heal and really appreciate these vitamin/supplement recommendations knowing it has helped others. Fingers crossed and thanks again.

0 Likes

Had my regretful procedure done 4 months ago. So glad for this suggestion and group!

This is definitely worth a try. Ordered some and started a 2 tsp dose of finely ground papaya seeds (mixed with a glass of water) yesterday. It seems to taste more like cocoa powder with a little spice. Will keep you posted in a few months. Keeping my fingers crossed and am going to pray that this works

3 Likes

Has anyone tried to start papaya seed pre-procedure?

0 Likes

Here’s an update 2 weeks in. Woke up 3 days ago, and as usual did not want to get out of bed to face the daily constant pain of congestion. Normally I can lay in bed in the morning until I move and have a few minutes of peace. When I got up, the pain was 90% gone, just like that! Didn’t seem like it was working until then, but stayed on schedule anyway. Think this is working and was quite a shock since I was starting to feel so hopeless. There is a remnant of the pain, and I am still afraid to do anything too physical. Hopefully more time and seeds will improve this more. Walking without hurting, or sitting down without looking like I have a bad back is a huge improvement. Definitely will take that.

I’ve been taking 1 heaping teaspoon of the powder, mixed with water. A dixie cup was easy, not having to deal with the residue. Started with 2 teaspoons, but couldn’t handle all the fiber. Don’t take it with an empty stomach by the way.

This forum is such a blessing. Really hope that this fixes congestive pain and helps those that try it.

1 Like

Continue to supplement with stretching and possibly chiro to build stability. I found much more gains from that than from the powder.

0 Likes

Great news Michael. Thanks for letting us know how you did with it. That’s another non surgical option that guys can try which is great.

0 Likes

Thank you Mike and Process76. It’s been 4 weeks since the seeds started working, and feel almost cured now. Even played a small game of basketball yesterday, and feel about 99%. Very little discomfort, and when I get an occasional reminder, it’s nothing compared to the constant pain before, not even close. Sometimes sitting or lying down causes a little pressure / discomfort, but nothing more. That could be something unrelated, or continued healing from the surgery. I am 5 months post-op.

To be honest, I thought of the seeds as a real far stretch, and am pretty floored this worked. I hope that guys give this a try before anything invasive like Mike said. This seems very simple and cheap compared to other options.

It is difficult to tell whether it’s congestive, nerves or scarring. I kept bouncing things around in my mind, and decided and very happy that I tried. Hope this helps other victims. If not, it’s one possible cure that you don’t have to think of, and move on to the next hope. May God please bless and be with you all.

5 Likes

I hear you on that. Most guys here are sufficiently desperate and have exhausted all the “conventional” therapies so a lot of ideas get bandied about that are outside of the box.

Some of it can sound pretty out there I’m sure. Until you are suffering the degree of desperation most of us have been through it would be easy to dismiss a therapy like Papaya seeds as “far fetched” to put it mildly. From what is known about them though it makes sense they could help.

0 Likes

The basketball game was probably a mistake, and felt achy for about 10 days which reminded me of the horrible past pain. That seems to be gone now thank goodness.

Tenderness is always there though, so I think being careful is still a requirement. Wondering if tenderness could be due to scarring or nerve damage? Possibly that’s where the pain is coming from.

It’s easy to feel better and forget new limits. I guess that being bottled up for several months made me careless. Back and forth from depression and trying to keep my head up. 4 young kids and a wife to look after…

Still taking the seeds, since I do think this has helped greatly. Tried mixing a little french vanilla coffee creamer with water and the seeds - and is actually pretty good.

0 Likes

Keep your head up Michael. I think we all have good days and bad days with it.

1 Like

What’s the long-term experience of people taking papaya seed powder?
I took it for approx. 4 months, did not notice a difference initially (but was taking a lot of / changing medications at the same time), then I stopped it because I suspected it to give me heart race, haven’t taken it for 3 weeks, heart race stopped immediately but epi feels swollen, with everything else the same.

0 Likes

Hi, when I took it I probably did it for about 3 months and didn’t notice that my heart was racing. It definitely seemed to reduce the pain/size of my epi. The main side effect I had was that it made my bowels pretty regular!!

0 Likes

Does anyone here connects congestive pain with leg/hip/back pain? Meaning when congestive pain was relieved (by papaya seed powder, T therapy or reversal) did leg/hip/back pain also get relieved (if it was present in the first place)? I started taking papaya powder today.

0 Likes

No expert here, but I could see it if your congestion pain causes you to walk/sit different. Might be tied to posture issues because of the pain. Maybe try some exercises, yoga, physical therapy, etc.

1 Like

Yes, agreed. Another possibility is referred pain in leg/hip/back which would probably go away shortly after congestive pain is resolved.

0 Likes

In my case I think it’s all connected. 6 months of siting and walking differently after the VAS caused me to have muscular pain going from my hip all the way down into the pelvic floor muscles. I went to see a physio who found that my glute on that side was REALLY tight and quite weak, along with tight hip flexor muscles. I’m still doing daily stretches and strengthening exercises and it has helped a lot. Basically my body’s reaction to sheilding that area for so long was to tighten everything up down there. I’d highly recommend going to see a physio.

0 Likes

Here is my report regarding papaya seed powder. I have been taking 1 teaspoon a day with meal for 4 weeks now. My energy level and mood is better, less pain. Even rode my motorcycle for 4 hrs straight which was not possible in the past. But my libido went down significantly, I am much less horny. Seems @RingoStar reported similar above. I will continue taking.

1 Like

Other than @Vincent and @RingoStar are there others who took papaya seed and felt less horny?
Does anyone know why this would be the case?

I have started it since last week and no change so far.
Pain levels were always low for me but tenderness duento swelled epi and lack of sensation has always been there since VAS.

Let’s see how it goes. I’ll keep updating the forum.

0 Likes