Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Another Vas and Reversal Journey

This is somewhat interesting because this makes it sound like if a vasectomy is done properly, then there are no issues with the orgasm afterwards. Unfortunately the vas is completely severed during a vasectomy. So how can you possibly cut the vas in half and not damage these nerves. Impossible. Im hoping this is like a spinal cord injury and eventually the nerves needed grow back and I regain more of the original orgasm. If people can walk again after spinal damage, maybe I can get my max in my climax back.

One other thing to mention that I have noticed. Im a nerd and get terrible allergies. In the past when I was having a terrible bout of allergies, I could ejaculate and the sudden rush of endorphins would clear my sinuses and offer relief for about 10-15 minutes. After this original vas, this didnt occur any longer. There was basically no change in allergies after ejaculation. After the reversal I recently had some bad allergies. I tried this again to see if there was a change and if the ejaculation would offer the same relief as before the original vas. Unfortunately this was not the case and maybe only got marginally more allergy relief then post vas. This tells me that whatever original sensations/endorphins I got from ejaculation/orgasm pre vas is still not the same and maybe never will be. I know it sounds weird, this is one way for me to tell if things are heading back to normal. I would love to see an MRI or CT scan of a man’s brain during orgasm. One with vasectomy and one without. I will bet my life that the two scans are completely different. Then the urologists can tell me to my face there is no difference huh?

Im still glad I got the reversal and happy about the other issues that are resolved. In time maybe all will go back to normal.

This is somewhat interesting because this makes it sound like if a vasectomy is done properly, then there are no issues with the orgasm afterwards. Unfortunately the vas is completely severed during a vasectomy. So how can you possibly cut the vas in half and not damage these nerves. Impossible.

That certainly seems logical. And here’s the reply from Dr. Turek to Mike’s comment:

Mike, this sounds a lot like a disfigurement syndrome associated with the procedure. That is very treatable…

My tongue-in-cheek reply to Dr. Turek would be that, why yes indeed it does appear Mike has been disfigured. In fact, a surgeon has gone in there and completely severed his vas deferens!

But many, many men report that they perceive no difference in sensation while ejaculating. So I don’t think saying that if you cut the nerves in the vas, you’re going to reliably delete a part of the experience of ejaculating. So what’s going on? Does everyone have the same experience at a low level, but some guys simply do not register the change? Do some guys have nerve fibers that travel down the vas, while others have the same nerve fibers traveling down a different structure in the spermatic cord? Is this due to some sort of chronic pain effect inhibiting something else? It’s a mystery as far as I am concerned. But I do feel like we have enough evidence to point to, in terms of reports from guys over many decades, to say that there is a significant risk that you will end up with a disappointing orgasm after vasectomy – and that this can have major emotional and relationship consequences.

I’m hoping this is like a spinal cord injury and eventually the nerves needed grow back and I regain more of the original orgasm.

I think you have good reason to hope for that. Nerves heal very slowly, so you may experience improvement as the months creep by. I wish you luck with that.

All we need to solve this mystery is an MRI scanner and two dudes. One with vasectomy and one without. Honestly I find it hard to believe this has not been done yet. Maybe I haven’t dug deep enough or maybe they dont want to know the real answer. :thinking:

3 Likes

Great idea we need three guys one with vasectomy, one without vasectomy, and one reversed, we need to see the difference.

Agreed, Ill volunteer as post reversal guy. Im seriously going to ask my doctor about this when i see him at the 3 month post reversal checkup. I have a feeling he’d be interested in this from his extensive background in urology and fertility.

@ThunderTrain great news to hear Thunder ! Thx for the update. I am schedule for reverse in 2 weeks :slight_smile:

I just read your thread. Thanks for sharing your story. I am seven days post reversal and happy with what I am seeing so far. But I have a long road to ply ahead. My story is very different than yours. I’m sorry for the side effects you suffered from your original surgery.

I think the key take away is that the psychology and variables involved are not well enough understood for vasectomies to remain an ethical practice, to say nothing of the lack of proper counseling on the risks involved.

3 Likes

Hey @Chuvak,

Glad to hear your recovery is going well so far. Ive read your extensive journal and hope you keep getting better each day and your pain filled days are fewer and fewer. Keep the faith brother and hang in there.