Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

4 months since vasectomy and still with discomfort/pain

Hi everyone, I’m new in this forum so let me introduce myself. My name is Andrew, 28 years old with 1 kid, had my Vasectomy in Oct. 2018 (4 months ago). I’m from Mexico and I found this forum very useful so I decided to be part of the community since I’m another victim of this shit :/.

So let me tell you my story:
Had my V 4 months ago, before it I never had any pain or discomfort in my genital area. My V experience was kinda bad :frowning: I had it in a NHS hospital here in Mexico, the Dr. was a young guy, Im sure he was not urologist. When he started my vasectomy, on the left testicle, I was feeling so dizzy and I ended throwing up :/. The Dr. stopped for around 5 minutes so my nausea could go down. Once it was down he finished the left testicle and continue with the right one. Then I went home and to be honest I did not put the recommended ice, nor the correct underwear :(. The first week was as expected, pain and discomfort at my genital/abdomen area. I took the medicines they gave to me (ketorolac, piroxicam, and one antibiotic). So everything seemed to be ok, just my left nut was like going up and down (kinda spams).

So after the first week, my right nut returned to its normal state, feeling very well, but my left kept giving me pain and discomfort. Now 4 months ago Im still having issues with the left nut, it sits higher and seems to be swollen, with discomfort in the back of it. I have been consulting several uros, had 2 ultrasounds showing right testicle completely fine, and left testicle with varicocele and epididymitis. Also had a sperm analysis and it was clean of infection. I have been taking several nsaids, pregabalin, antibiotics, local heat and supportive underwear. I dont have debilitating pain but the discomfort I feel in the back of my left nut is so annoying, sometimes it turns into moderate pain. It is important to say that at nights I sleep very well, no pain at nights and no pain with erections/ejaculate. Every morning I wake up feeling normal, but when walking/sitting I start feeling this discomfort. Im so frustrated :frowning: even when I have had sloooowly improvements with admonibal pain, this discomfort at the back of my left nut seems to be not decreasing. Also still sits higher than my right nut. Does anybody had this problem? Is it going to be like this the rest of my life? :frowning: I think having the v is the worse decision of my life, it is so frustrating, I think Im not going to be normal again. Should I consider any surgical option, give it more time, add more medicines?

Thanks for reading me, and feel free to ask for more details if needed.

Andrew

Shoot. First of all Andrew, sorry that you’ve joined the club. It’s unlikely that anyone on this forum is going to tell you exactly what you should do, because what works for one guy, fails (or worse causes other complications) for another. You can see my saga in My Story in a Nutshell.

At four months you are still early and may have recovery yet. I’m now 14 months from Vas and 6 months from reversal and my symptoms are much like your own (left sided also) and considering spermatic cord denervation but hoping still that the combination of pelvic floor PT, TENS, massage therapy, and supportive garments do something as I have not been tolerant of any medication.

Chronic pain can be an isolating experience. Know that you’ve got a good support network and sounding board here.

Thanks for your reply @Roy, also sorry to hear you are still facing pain issues. I think we should not give up in this unfair war.