Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

3 months post reversal, pain at connection site

Hey fellas, was just seeing if it is normal to have pain 3 months post reversal at the connection site mainly. My pain is at a 2 out of 10 most of the time with some referred pain in the hip and groin at times. Is this normal you think? Just would like to reach out and get a take on the perspective. Stretching helps and of course the pain is worse after moving around to much. Any supplement suggestions for nerve pain?

I had my reversal done a little over two months ago and I’m still having nagging pain in my balls that comes and goes. It has seemed to get a little bit better. But they made it sound like I wouldn’t be fully recovered in 4-6 weeks.

How about everything else? Is your body functioning as it should? I dont know about reversals (having one next week) but I think a little pain in the first 3 months is normal? idk

Everything is good, ejaculating doesn’t hurt anymore and per Dr.P in florida and the doctor that did my reversal its common to see pain for the first 6-8 months. Posted on here to really gage my situation to others recovery.

Hey man, I know we have exchanged a few DMs, but I just wanted to say I think you are on a normal recovery path.

My surgeon said I could expect improvements up to 12 months. So, I would think that would apply to you and anyone else after a reversal.

Just hang in there and keep wearing support if it’s helping.

2 Likes

I think you good brotha! I kind of get some of that from time to time now after reversal. I think it has to do something with nerves trying to get back to where they want to be, and it seems like inflammation can cause some pain as well.

I appreciate it fellas, its just annoying and a slow process which I kind of expected doing my research here on the site. I wish you guys nothing but continued improvement and anyone else put there living the hell we all face

Yes, definitely. I’m a fan of Redd’s Nerve Shield and New Chapter’s Zyflamend. Tout them here frequently. Nerve Shield is mainly alpha lipoic acid with some other ingredients. Zyflamend is a concoction of many natural anti-inflammatories. I take one of each every day and if I go off for an extended period, I notice an uptick.

Don’t expect instant response or a miracle reduction from 8 to 2 on the 1-10 scale. From 2016-18, supplements weren’t enough for me and I needed several injections, including 2 with botox. But, I do think these 2 supplements can help knock pain levels from, say, 3 or 4 to 1 or 2.