Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

3 and a half year update - Good news

Well, I thought I would give a quick update to my situation. It’s now been roughly 3 and a half years since my vasectomy. And I have to say that I am probably at about 98%. I typically have 0 to very minimal pain every day. And when I say minimal, I mean maybe a .5 for at most a minute. The majority of my gains have been over the past 6 months.

It has been a lot of stretching and pelvic floor exercises, walking, and reducing weights and length of gym time at first. I reduced everything except for the stretches, about 6 months ago. I added in light weights and walking, making sure I stretched every day after doing so. Then I started to increase things incrementally on the amount of walking and the amount of weights. I am happy to say that I am at a point now, 6 months later, where I can jog at least a mile (could go longer, but my conditioning is still working up to it), can bench 250 pounds again and do heavy weights on every machine. Again, I do have some minimal pain sometimes, but it is nothing different than what you would normally get from an intense workout. The difference now, is that the pain goes away.

If I had to guess, I would say it had a lot to do with relaxing the pelvic muscles and letting them stretch out again. My hope now is that I can increase my distance in running, and continue the path I am going, without any setbacks.

So for those that have had pain for a long period of time, even years…there is hope!!!

3 Likes

Nice and happy for you! I’m seeing s pelvic floor PT person right now. Did you get a reversal? Or anything like that to help?

@Adriand208,

I had a granuloma removed about 6 months after the vasectomy, so almost 3 years ago. But to be honest, it was probably unnecessary. I still had the pain after it was removed, for another 2 and a half years. It wasn’t until I really started the stretches on a consistent basis and really working on relaxing the pelvic muscles and such. The stretching and reduction in working out was frustrating, because I wanted it to get better quickly and it was a slow 6 months of getting back into things. But it was definitely worth it.

It the past, when I would start to have any progress in feeling better, I would go and push my body, which it wasn’t ready to do. At that point, I think my muscles and pelvic area would tighten up and I would set myself back. Fortunately, right now, I have not had any of those setbacks over the last couple months. I’ve been able to continue to progress forward.

I can’t say that my situation is the same as everyone else’s, but I have seen other members such as @RichUK, @PVPSux, and @keebler456, amongst others, have similar results. So, if you have a similar pain that I had (pain in the groin and inner thigh), it’s worth a shot.

Hi @Uncomfortable,

Thanks for sharing. Is there any pointers you can give as to what sort of stretching exercises and pelvic muscles exercises you do specifically?

Thanks!

1 Like

How is sex and orgasm levels compared to pre-vas? 98% recovery is just pain or everything all together?

Sorry for the late response. I haven’t been on in a while.

As to stretches, I do the psoas stretches and hip flexor stretches mainly. Things to stretch the adductor as well, or try to hit the trigger points with a medicine ball, if things start to get tight. Those are the main ones that I use. I have tried so many in the past, but those seem to be the ones that help the most.

1 Like

Never really had pain with an orgasm or during sex. Over the past year or so, I have had a little bit of hip pain, just before orgasm, but that’s hit or miss. I was also getting a pain/burning about 20-45 minutes after sex, in what I would categorize as my cut site or something near it, but that doesn’t really happen to often anymore either. It’s gone away over the past 6 months or so.

So I would say 98% is everything all together.

2 Likes

Great to hear. Now that you said it I feel small hip pain post sex. I think :thinking: it depends on how straight or C shape I confirm to when sitting. If I sit in a position that my balls are under pressure then I feel pain in both sides: balls and hip.

In any case I’m happy for you bro.