Do not support it, and I see you are doing the right thing already. Vasectomy is a no-no for many reasons.
Some guys here talk about going into procedure informed, and I respect that. However one cannot guarantee the aftermath. I have stopped believing in any of the statistics on the net.
I come from a family of phds in engineering and science and I am one. I have worked in engineering and science fields, both. I believe I have a completely data driven personality. I have observed my body within the past year and half and I can tell you this: it is impossible not to see change in ones body after vasectomy. You should go read about it and educate yourself, both on the physical and hormonal aspects.
My symptoms (and I have mentioned this in the other forum on “side effects”):
- Loss of pressure while urinating: I feel 30 years older. I am in mid-40s but feel like 70 when I piss. There is always excess urine when I walk back to my desk and droplets leak into my pants!!! This is improves when I urinate sitting down but not fully.
- Loss of pressure ejaculating: the main cause of much lower sensitivity during sex and ejaculation which is the biggest issue I have. So I have to wait longer before having sex with my wife so that I do it at maximal pressure - results of doing this is still 50% or so worse than pre-vas.
- Weird boners almost up and down every 2-3 minutes again due to messed up hormonal issues as well as mechanical issues, ie., sperm flow into the urinary tract is cut off so the fluids there are probably flowing in more unstable fashion - main reason is hormonal and I think a lot of the receptors and sexual sensations stem from the mixture of sperm and ejaculate, now one of the solvents is missing so guess what happens to the nerves and receptors? They’re probably not working anymore.
- Loss of sensitivity at the tip of the penis: when I touch the tip it is like I am touching plastic or something. This is also hormonal I think. Same reason as above. It is unfortunate that I am circumcised. It makes it much worse I think. Circumcision by itself is a crime due to removal of the most sensitive part of the penis: and the combo with vas is a big disappointment.
- Extremely sensitive testicular area: even a soft touch to the balls results in pain. I can’t even have my kids hug me sometimes because a small kick will bring the pains back. I can’t wear jeans or harder pants anymore due to the push in the testicle area. I have given up wearing shorts!!!
- To top it all, I gained weight (10lb??) due to depression and possibly lack of sexual satisfaction.
And believe me I don’t yet have PVPS and you see the many problems I am dealing with?? If at some point PVPS starts then I will have to consider reversal which is ~15k and no insurance coverage = take off my kids college fund down to drain!!!
Don’t let him do it if you love him.