Donate

There s a 100 percent chance that vasectomies will change you

Guys , we are debating if 1 or 10 percent are affected by vasectomies.I would argue 100 percent.It s only when we have pain,or other issues that we say this vasectomy was bad , but what about everything else that may or may not seem related now or sometime in the future.Are we concluding the absence of pain or other issues meaning success?We truly are sheep that focus on reactivity rather then a wholistic lifestyle.One more analogy.A Chinese doctor gets paid by the LEAST number of patience that come to his office,so it’s in his best interest to make his rounds in the community to make sure his people are healthy(My what a novel and honourable approach)I m telling you that all vasectomies WILL be outlawed one day because of the negative effects it has on a man system whether overt or latent.

I agree 100% with everything you have said.

BUT what I call societal momentum is a mother^@#$

Look how the general public are unaware of our plight. Look at how many docs still deny or have little they can do to help us. What you are talking about is, sadly at this time, WAY beyond western medicines interests. But I agree some day (hopefully in my lifetime) society will realize the truth of this post

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. The US medical system is focused on treatment rather than prevention, although that is a changing trend. American society, as a whole, is to blame too. That being said, it’s going to be difficult to stop vasectomies in the US. This is primarily because most men I have met with are happy with their decision, even if they have had some complications. Severe, long lasting complications remain relatively small even if the 33% is true. I know a few who have had post vasectomy issues, but when I asked if they regretted their procedure, they have all said no. In regards to research, it would take a huge study group over the course of many decades to prove causation and correlation, which will probably not happen in our lifetime. Regretfully, their will probably be other, better options for sterilization that will make vasectomies obsolete before strong research comes out on the detrimental effects. It’s frustrating for sure.

These are very good observations. It’s interesting how all the men in my family who have had vasectomies have also had urological/prostrate issues later in life. I’m not saying there’s a connection. But it does make you wonder. My grandfather has dealt with kidney stones and prostate issues in the past and is now unable to urinate having to wake up every 20 min to pee a few drops. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer 7 years ago and given 6 months to live. Thank God he treated it holistically and all natural and is the healthiest he’s ever been in his life competing in mountain bike races etc. could be just a coincidence. Guess we’ll never know since the modern medical system will never have the conscience to do a scientific study on vasectomies long term risks.

In retrospect, I look at my choice to have a vasectomy as utterly lazy,ignorant and uninformed .Because I had 4 kids and Didn t want to use condoms,or let my wife stay on the pill,or use the “pull out” method I was willing to take a risk with my health and my life.Why is it that we are willing to risk so much for petty conveniences?It made me realize that we all behave more like children looking for someone to solve our problems then intelligently problem solve them ourselves.

David/Kyvas/Thissucks,I would argue that only a fraction of 1 percent start asking questions or push back against the status quo.How many men have died due to vasectomies.From depression due to ED or anger to suicides that we don t even know about. I m not even including all the real pain issues.And as for men accepting pain as “Ok” to ensure infertility,that s why we have laws enacted because those types of testimonials are proof that people can t manage themselves responsibly.This Site definitely helps as a support,but the general public is always behind the learning curve.We have to try to stay ahead and help as best we can those that don t know any better.

My father had a vasectomy in his late 30s. He had a heart attack at 51 (since he was a smoker, it’s hard to pin that on vasectomy). Later, he developed an abdominal aortic aneurysm. He’s 75 now and bed-ridden in a nursing home from pituitary tumors and normal pressure hydrocephalus (water on the brain). They believe the tumors started 10 years ago. They have been secreting hormones and totally screwing up his endocrine system. Docs now postulate this led to his massive weight gain from 250 lbs. to over 400.

The list of things not wrong with my father is shorter than the list of things that are wrong with him. He was placed on hospice 4 months ago due to the cornucopia of problems.

My paternal grandfather lived to the age of 85 and my paternal grandmother lived 'til 95. Both developed late-in-life cancer, but lived active, healthy lives into their early 80s and 90s. In other words, my father had good genes. I’m convinced the vasectomy started him downhill.

Absolutely a vasectomy will cause physiological changes, whether you’re aware of it or not.

Your epi’s become engorged and damaged, your body develops scar tissue at the vas ends, your testicles try to protect themselves, etc. but most guys are totally asymptomatic.

My partner and I never wanted kids. Above all, I never wanted kids. To me it was not a matter of not using condoms. I never had any problems with them, except I never fully trusted them - to the point it was affecting my sex life. Even when she was on the pill I kept using condoms out of fear of an unwanted pregnancy. This fear got to a whole new level when she had to stop taking the pill as she was having constant headaches. I lost the count on how many nights we spent in the hospital. And it took quite a while for the doctors to pinpoint it to birth control.
For me, this was the point when I made up my mind on having a vasectomy.
A 30-minute procedure for a lifetime of relief. More than just a convenience, I believe we do it out of respect for our beliefs, our partners and families.
I don’t think you should blame yourself for making a “lazy” decision.
In my point of view, doctors are the lazy ones for not being completely clear on the complications. It’s easy money for them while 5 thousand men have their lives ruined due to vasectomy every year.

Agree with you 100% mainman…couldn’t have said it better!

This seems pretty hyperbolic.

I’m certainly not the biggest fan of vasectomies, but blaming everything on that surgery without any evidence doesn’t seem warranted.

There are lots of other more plausible explanations for the other ailments in this thread - apply Occam’s razor.

Agreed. However, vasectomy does strain the immune system, puts huge sperm into the bloodstream (lodging who knows where), and causes hormonal changes. My gut tells me that it does change every guy in some way whether or not he realizes it.

I’m really conflicted when I see anything regarding vasectomies now. I know most people who’ve had them seem fine so I don’t want to be too negative about it, but I also know that most people will never hear the whole truth before getting one. The main thing that’s left out is that the sperm will be reabsorbed under duress with help from the immune system, not in the same way that would normally happen. Plus, if you’re used to having your boys played with during intercourse (some men like this and others don’t), the feeling of that will totally change.

I have difficulty with the concept that most men “will be fine” as often repeated online (and even on this forum). Perhaps they will be fine as far as not having to live with full blown PVPS, but I’ve spoken to so many vasectomized men and have heard an entire range of problems. However, is it a problem if the patient doesn’t notice it? For instance, one gentleman never had pain but after many questions he realized he didn’t need sex anymore and hadn’t had sex in almost a year. I guess it happened slowly over several years and his wife never pointed it out. In many other instances, sexual feeling had diminished in various ways or sexual changes had happened but they hadn’t realized it until I started asking specific questions. Are these men “fine”? Are they fine because they’re oblivious? Overall, are their lives better because of the surgery? I can’t speak for everyone, but at the very least I have trouble with promoting vasectomies with what is mostly a lie. Vasectomies do change things. It’s different from one man to the next, but they are very likely to be permanently changed in some way within a relatively short time (several years at most).

Well said slowrain

I agree, we are not all wired the same.

For me, I felt the sexual effects immediately and others ailments (i.e ED, anxiety, brain fog, granuloma pain, etc) came later. The reversal has in my case restored my pre-vas state and therefore I can say unequivocally that there is something at play with vasectomies that we don’t quite fully understand wrt to altered biochemistry and its implications on a man’s health.

Like mainman said we are truly sheep and we all drank the kool-aid on this one …simply put a V is not a trivial procedure like we are being lead to believe! It’s not only PVPS we need to be concerned about…

Hi machoman, how long post reversal are you? How’s that worked out for you?

I am going on 18 months post reversal and I feel great. See my previous posts for more detail on my story.

Ya I m at 2 years as well.What a difference.

Machoman , sounds like your experience before V,after V,and after VR are very similar to mine.I really do believe I was heading down a bad road quickly due to the physical changes that the V was causing me.I cannot get out of my head how I felt after the VR.It was not psychopsymatic.It was real.Just the feel up to ,during and after orgasm is totally different then after the vasectomy.It will be outlawed one day.I am very sure of it.Glad you like me made it back.