Donate

Testicular pain radiating to hips

New here. 1 month out today. Have constant pain 3-5 out of 10. Pain seems to radiate to my hips. Seems like nerve damage. Called dr twice now. They aren’t giving me anything other than “everyone heals differently, could take 2 months.” Does anyone know of anybody who experienced pain for this long and turned out 100% eventually??? Looking for some hope. Should I get checked out? Thanks

Yep, I’ve had that. At 3 weeks out it felt like my groin was on fire. It was explained to me that it was inflammation running along the nerve roots, although I’m not 100% convinced that was the case. You should probably be taking some anti-inflammatories. Ibuprofen and Naproxen are OTC, but the doc could order you something stronger like Meloxicam or Celebrex. It very well could be nerve damage too. There are some meds, like Gabapentin, Lyrica and Elavil, that are useful for that, but they are all prescription. Definitely try some conservative methods first, like meds, pelvic floor PT, and just rest. I wouldn’t jump into anything surgically, as it can make it worse.If you are not happy with your doc, find a new one, who is willing to help. Their is clear research that many men have issues, so don’t let them tell you otherwise. However, they are right that most men get better with time, so hopefully you will too. Good luck.

thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate it. I have not taken anti inflammatories like I should be, that is for sure. I will start taking ibuprofen on a schedule and will wait some more.

Although my pain not due to a reversal, I had severe testicular pain to the point of having the left testicle removed…big mistake, pain just moved next door to the right side. Then had the epiditimus (sp?) removed and denervation of spermatic cord done two years later, dr promised 99% efficacy, I got 0. I live on Ibuprohin also take Lyrica, which if you go off it, is like having withdrawal, plan on weeks of pacing through the night. I cannot sit, unless reclined. Had to retire early, can’t drive more than an hr, sitting is on a donut cushion. Forget about extensive travel. Sex is OK but I pay for it later if takes to long to orgasm. All that pulling b&f will wreck me…

I have/had a lot of radiating pain, but I believe (in my non-professional opinion) that it’s muscular. The pain sets off a cascade of postural and muscular tightness/dysfunction that makes me ache up and down my inner thighs. I can usually head it off by focusing on my posture and what my hips and feet are doing.