Donate

Referred Pain to Hip

Has anyone had referred pain to their hip? I have pain on only my right side at the top of my hipbone, mild pinching.

Anyone have experience with this kind of pain? Could this be a referred pain from iguinal area or even a hernia? Also maybe this is referred pain from epididymitis…

I developed a left hip problem after developing PVPS on the left side. I think they are related. Doctors I’ve talked to are mixed on the issue.

@Robert, I’ve got this myself, and have since my beginning’s. It’s not constant anymore, and has a bit of a mind if it’s own. It comes and goes, and like most of my symptoms, it’s usually made worse by ejaculating, and/or frequent ejaculating.

I had this pretty bad 6-12~ weeks post vas. I’d say mine was at it’s worst far as constant pain deep within my left hip socket area 5-6~ months into my first reversal recovery. It also got quite bad shortly after my varicocele embolization procedure. It was more concentrated in my left buttox, and hamstring area post embolization.

Hard to say what the deal is far as the root cause of my left hip, hamstring, buttox, etc pains I get. I’d tell you it’s from a combination of things such as nerve damage, congestion, and varicocele issues. I suffer from lingering hip, etc, etc, etc, pains to this day (nearly 8 years post vas).

I’ve read of guys that had this resolve via reversal. I’ve also read of many that reversal did not help. I’ve read of all kinds of stories that involved hip pain post vas, post reversal, post embolization, etc, etc.

How often do you experience symptoms? Is this something new?

@RingoStar It’s interesting. I’ve had a similar sensation before…something like 10-11 years ago (8-9 years pre-vas).

Back then, I mentioned it to my doctor, and through the examination, I got a positive fecal occult test, and I ended up getting a whole battery of gastrointestinal workups. Long story short on that one is that I now get colonoscopies every 5 years since they found polyps.

However, that pain went away, and sometimes it would go away upon standing, so the thought was it was some kind of nerve entrapment. It went away without coming back until this year.

I didn’t have the pain post-vas, only now 8-9 months after reversal it showed up. It very well could be due to weight gain this year and getting a nerve pinched, or it could be tied to varicocele, or it could be tied to epididymitis, who knows. It’s correlated to my worse side.

It’s more annoying than anything, it feels like a chip clip pinching the top of my hip bone on my side. I’d prefer this sensation to pain in my scrotum. I think I’ll ask about the pelvic floor physical therapy, and ask again about any sort of hernia possibility.

Just a guess but this sort of “referred pain” may be the secondary effect of reacting to the original pain. Changes in sitting or walking that cause hip pain. I hurt my toe once and then had terrible knee pain as a result for a while.

Feldenkrais is a method that can alleviate these secondary pains. Something to consider.

Shortly after vas I had right thigh pain, burning, plus other pains. Now 19 months after I have both legs pain and right hip pain, dull and burning. I need to get back to streching and exercising to see if any relief.