Hi All - I have a long story and am desperate for a solution. Wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms or has any advice. Here I will try to summarize my experience:
- Had routine vasectomy performed February 2017 (as I write it is July 2018).
- As I “healed”, started having horrible shooting pains from belly button to right testicle (on a scale of 1-10, about a 12).
- Went on gabapentin (and later amitriptyline), help was minimal, eventually had umbilical hernia surgery because my symptoms were similar to umbilical hernia - but the surgery didn’t really help
- Had some relief with steroid injections into my lower abs, but pain came back about a year later. Went for more injections in Feb 2018 but this time it was not effective.
- June 2018 had surgery to remove spermal granuloma, hoping that was cause of my issues, but only seemed to make pain even worse.
- Since this surgery have had constant testicle pain and discomfort - I am now 4 weeks from having that surgery. Have been to ER on a couple of occasions, various Urologists have just said to wait and see if I get better with time. Been prescribed pain meds (norco) where taking two of them kind of makes pain better, but even with THAT still feel pain and discomfort.
- As some of you probably know, every day with this pain feels like a month, every month like a year, etc. I am wondering if anyone had this pain just go away with time. My urologist has discussed testicle removal, which I see as a very much last resort. I am wondering if anyone had their testicle removed and if it helped. I’m willing to do it, just wondering how long is reasonable to wait to do this.
Each day I got to sleep hoping to wake up without pain, but that day never seems to come. I have been depressed and suicidal. I don’t think I’d ever kill myself because I’m not quite that selfish and I have a family, but having a throbbing testicle 24/7 is no way to live. Did anyone here have similar experience and find anything that helped (other than testicle remove) and if you DID go as far as having testicle removed (simply from PVPS) are you doing okay? Were you happy with the results?
Life is too short to live with the pain I’m dealing with…just hoping for any help/support, etc. This is really killing my family and my wife - there have been times I want to kill myself. Any comments/advice, etc would be awesome…thank you!