Donate

Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Pain Starting after 2 years

Thanks Ringo. Jeez, this is a lot to take in.

Try a lidocaine patch on your groin pain which may give a little relief while sorting this out. You could also look at options to decrease inflammation which may help as well. I had the same jolt and experience similar groin pain.

Take it in slowly, lol.

I didn’t see much of the neuralgia stuff discussed in much of any detail until 2-3~ years back. I’m honestly on the fence regarding how often this happens, how relevant it is to the majority of pvps cases, etc. If I had to guess, (I edited this part out, I’m not guessing).

I haven’t seen neuroma come up in many conversations online, nor in person over the years. You can probably omit that one as relevant to your case.

Your case doesn’t read as anything to out of the ordinary to me.

And as @Ben is saying, try to buy yourself some time to possibly recover, and/or for things to resolve themselves. Exhausting all conservative treatments first is recommended. It’s not a hard fast rule, but the logic has its purpose.

I’m guessing that won’t be likely as you’ve been at this a while, but it can happen.

Actually, don’t make this so complicated @blueweb, lol. I apologize if I made it sound complicated.

I just reread this entire thread just to refresh myself on what had all been discussed by you, and others prior to yesterday.

Seems the majority of people who posted in this thread, including several veterans, and even one of your urologists agree that your likely dealing with scarring, entrapment, something along those lines, etc.

Reread this thread, including your own posts. I think it may help you look your situation over better.

We talked about conservative treatments, and/or options yesterday. I figured I’d mention them again. Some guys have had some luck with various forms of physical therapy. I’m not saying it will work, but you never know. You’d have to find them threads, and see if you can relate to those guys symptoms, etc. It should be fairly easy if you use the search bar on this site.

Figured I’d also mention that I’m not a fan of redo vasectomys. I’ve seen guys report success with various versions of them on occasion over many years gone by, but I’ve also seen about an equal amount of guys that didn’t. I have several reasons for why I would go vas to vas reversal with a clean up instead of a redo vasectomy, but that’s just my educated opinion.

Honestly, I hope you get better one way or another, and I certainly don’t want to see you made worse by anything. Remember what I said, don’t rush into anything (surgical), especially in your country.

@blueweb, thought to tell you, I edited a couple of my posts in this thread as to not present some of what I said in regard to clean ups as a fact, and/or what I said as something that could be interpreted wrong, or confusing.

I will just say that clean ups likely vary case to case, and methodologies can definitely vary surgeon to surgeon. What I’m say doesn’t necessarily make one way better than another. There’s what I’d call the more common ways, and not so common ways. It’s hard to say what’s best with any certainty, and I suppose it would depend on who you asked.

Figured I’d also mention, to the best of my knowledge, there is a such thing as an infertile reversal (sterile). It seems there’s a pvps reversal surgeon that’s been mentioned on this site that seems to offer this option. There could be more of them for all I know. If this is the case, as it seems to be, this may be a viable option for some men.

I’m not encouraging you to have a corrective surgery, I just wanted you to be aware of my corrections (edits), and throwing more information at you.

I’ve also had great success so far with vit b and serrapatase. I’m feeling more and more pain free and tempted to start exercising a bit. But truth be told I’m very fearful that something like this may happen. I also think there’s a lot of inflammation going on and rustling things could really set things back. So tired of living in fear. Hopefully with more time and anti inflamatories this will settle down for you.