Donate

Post Vasectomy Pain Forum

Non-sexual semen discharge

I got vasected (a couple of years ago), due to a genetic condition, that I did not want to risk passing on.
I am divorced, and due to health, and financial issues, I am not sexually active.
Last Friday, a little while later after I got up, I felt some weirdness in my underwear…
There had been some type of discharge, it was not pee, and smelled like semen…
This has never happened before.
Before getting snipped, as my sperm level would build up, if there was no sexual release, it would exit as a wet dream…
I am wondering if there is a similar mechanism for too much semen.
Anyway, just wanted to share with my Brothers.

Yes, this is discharge of semen from seminal vesicles, which are not blocked by a vasectomy. So you can still get wet dreams (and ejaculate, etc) after vasectomy. The only thing that is blocked is the tubes carrying the sperm, so sperm will not be present in the semen.

Several men on this forum have had issues with congestion of sperm after vasectomy, myself included, since sperm now cannot exit the usual way. For me, I feel like my body is trying to get rid of the excess sperm so I sometimes spontaneously see pre-ejaculate sticky fluid or even semen, but with no sperm of course. So can be sort of like a “blue balls” feeling all the time.

Hi Andy,
Thank you for the detailed response. It was helpful.

-jose