Donate

Lyrica and counselling helping

I have been on Lyrica now for around 3 months and on 300mg per day… i have also been going to counselling once/twice a month for the same amount of time. I have to say i am feeling much more positive nowadays and off the anti inflammatories for the first time in 15 mths. Relationship with my wife is far far better, i have been able to go on holiday and be reasonably active with the kids and i have even started jogging again (tip from @vasregret has helped and also additional padding support in my crotch). I had previously tried Amitriptyline and Cymbalta with no success. Its been 15 months since my vasectomy, 6 months since my redo and i feel that the pain is no longer the centre of attention in my life which is a fantastic feeling!:slight_smile: I want to be drug free in the new year but not at the loss of this renewed life i have.

Glad to hear you are making some positive headway.

Progress is progress no matter how you look at it.

I have come to believe that in some cases a redo or vasectomy cleanup is the least invasive and best option to fix PVPS. You are not radically altering the spermatic cord and you are removing scar tissue that can be the source of pain. I think fascial interposition, sutures, clips, aggressive cautery can create a mess that will never heal. You are not radically altering the length of the spermatic cord or changing the lie of the testes. I’m glad it is working out for you. Keep us posted.

@ljtomono1 I think getting your life back is the most important thing for all of us. I’d definitely consider it a win, even if you have to take a med. I wouldn’t worry to much about the Lyrica, especially since you seem to be in a good place. Glad to hear it.

Hi All… just thought i would give an update… symptoms have always just been abdominal pain/discomfort. Had Vas redo both sides 9 months ago… same problems after redo. I have been on Lyrica and had counselling which helped me get my life back massively. After 5 months of being on 300mg of Lyrica per day i recently thought about starting to cut back… i cut down to 150mg it has been a week now and feeling pretty uncomfortable again in the abdomen. Had hoped that perhaps things would have improved again but obviously not, maybe i should give more time as some people say pain is worse than before when coming off these drugs. Considering trying Lipoic acid to replace Lyrica

Just ordered some Lipoic acid… hope taking this may compensate for lowering the Lyrica dose. 2 things i noticed when halving the Lyrica dose… got very grumpy and pain came back partially i.e. now getting the desire to undo my trousers when sitting down… did not miss that feeling!! At least the grumpiness has gone now.

Seem to be getting on a little better on the lower dose of 2x 75mg of Lyrica per day… head so much clearer. Seperately i am doing some physio exercises for sore lower back, seem to be core related, wondering if this is helping me somewhat?