Donate

Congestive epididymitis after vasectomy

We didn’t talk about the details that much but the impressions I got form them were as follows:

• mild but noticeable
  • flared up after ejaculation
  • pain was generally getting better and better

No problem thanks for your reply

You ever figure this out? I had a vasectomy 2 years ago, noticed the same thing last fall… i had pain for over 6 months after mine, sometimes it was bad, other times tolorable… noticably from the left testi. I could feel the hemotomo off my left testi for a long time, after a year or so everything seems fine now, with the exception of my lymph nodes on both sides. I only noticed one on the right thats a little smaller than yours but my doc said yesterday its both sides and all through the string of them. Last week i noticed it again and this is when i went to my doc (yesterday). He said no way is it related to a vasectomy and now i am waiting for blood tests, ct scan and a biopsy appt to be scheduled. Scary… but i feel fine and just have a hunch its related to my vasectomy. I would love to know how your situation turned out

It’s been 13 years since I had my vasectomy and I still get the pain every now and then. It flares up about 5 or more times a year, last about a week and goes away. It is a mild pain but still bothersome and it’s only on one testicle. I have learned to live with it.

@Nativmatt this actually sounds a lot like how PVPS was explained to me before I had mine. I’m not dismissing your issue, but man I wish my pain was more like yours and not constant. Sorry you’re here though.

Hey guys so I had a vasectomy 2 yrs ago. I been having pain on and off during sex or erections like someone kicked me in the balls. Today my groin area was hurting. I checked my testicles my left one is swollen. It’s not the actual testicle that’s swollen it’s the surrounding. I think it’s the epididymitis. It’s so freaking swollen. This has happened about 3 times since I go it done. I’m going to my Dr Monday. But does anyone have any ideas.

From the research I have done, it might be from your Epididymis being congested. During sex, your testicles elevate which could be putting pressure on the congested Epididymis thus resulting in pain. I believe this is one of the more common side effects of vasectomy. I’ve read a lot of guys get this feeling soon after the vasectomy, months, or even years later.

sounds very similar to what I had post-vas, except mine started soon after the vasectomy. dead sperm and inflammation in the epididimis, it gets swolen and painful. Reversal seems to be helping me, I had the reversal 2 months back.