Congestive epididymitis after vasectomy

Congestive epididymitis after vasectomy

My symptoms:

• Testicle pain and tenderness, on one side
  • Enlarged lymph nodes in the groin
  • Pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen or pelvic area
  • The epididymis swell to twice normal size

How is it treated? Antibiotics do not help

@Andrey78 Hi, How long post vasectomy are you?

Hey!
One month

Help please guys
I don’t know what to do

@Andrey78, 1 month is early days stay positive. Also first step is anti inflammatory medication and pain medication.

Do you know people who have had similar problems with epididymitis after a vasectomy?

Hang in there and just stay calm Andrey. You are just one month post vasectomy. You probably have a hematoma pressing on some nerves. Time is your friend. I suggest warm baths and ice. Alternate. The doctor will give you anti-biotics and anti-inflammatories. I think if you have an infection, which you may not, a course of antibiotics may help but really often times it has nothing to do with that.

You will probably be okay.

I got a bad case of epididymitis at year 3 after my vasectomy. The back of my testicle blew up to about 5 times it’s normal size. I took Bactrim and Etodolac and it resolved. I ended up getting a reversal at my 5 year anniversary. I have no testicular pain at all anymore. I’m here because I have nerve dysfucntion/damage high up in my groin on the left side that gets aggravated when I sit too much. I would not do anything for at least 6 months. I suspect in the next month or so you will start feeling much better with treatment.

Take it easy man! You will be okay.

Thanks man!

But I do not have a hematoma and not have infection.

I have congestive epididymitis. My testicle blew up to about 3 times. congestion in my testicle. The epididymis swell very much.
I think my body will not can absorb sperm naturally.

How long has it been swollen? Here’s the thing, mine blew up but at year three. I don’t think mine was due to sperm production but some other trauma causing fluid to accumulate in my epi. It’s a closed system so I don’t think it was infection. I don’t know what it was. If you have swelling like that it can resolve. Think of it like a hematoma inside your epi. You have a bunch of fluid in there and it has to break down and be reabsorved. You really have no recourse but to wait. If it does not go down, if I was you, I would ask for an open ended conversion to blow off some of that build up.

You’ll probably be okay. It’s early on man. You’ll be okay.

Almost 2 weeks and they does not decrease

I don’t know if you saw my story or not yet?

long story short I had blue balls right after my vas. It went away after 5-6 weeks. But then came back after about 5-6 months and got worse and worse.

I had two friends who also had blueballs/congestion right after their vas. One took 6 months for the pain to go away and the other took 2 years. But in both of their cases they said the pain was gradually decreasing during that time. In my case after 5-6 months the pain came back and kept getting worse and worse which drove me to have a (thankfully) successful reversal [knock on wood]

Saw, this is scary…

Glad that you are okay now

I honestly don’t know how the hell they talk us into doing this to ourselves. I think the promise of unlimited unprotected sex is the bait. It’s not like our wives suddenly want it more, LOL.

Yeah hang in there OP.

A friend of mine had congestion pain for a year. He was told it was an infection. Bs. Anyways, one day, poof his pain was gone and he’s been fine ever since

Good luck

@MikeO yup that’s what got me. Condom free sex? Hells yeah I’m in. 1 in 10,000 chance of an ache that requires a reversal? No biggie right. FML

I was always against it and let my guard down during a bad year for me.

After a vasectomy, your body has to adapt to fighting off the trapped sperm as an infection (it’s not a true infection but that’s the simple explanation). Your body may adapt to this constant unending infection in some length of time. Many men’s bodies do. If your body doesn’t, according to all of the doctors I’ve spoken to, the only cure for chronic congestion is a reversal. However like the others here I would say to give it some more time. Your body may adapt and you would be one of those vasectomy success stories. Either way, please keep us informed of your progress. Your posts add to our collective knowledge here and will help others.

Okay. Thanks man.
I feel better now (two weeks later)
But still not very well
My symptoms now:

• The epididymis swell to twice normal size
  • Epididymis pain (2/10)
  • Enlarged lymph nodes in the groin

I take a hot bath and anti-biotics and anti-inflammatories.

I think about epididymectomy or open ended or testosterone… Not reversal

Epididymectomy is a horrible idea. Very low success rates and if it doesn’t work, your only other option is orchidectomy.

Give it a year before doing anything surgical

I would do those in reverse order if I was you.

I would strongly encourage papaya see therapy or hormone replacement therapy, particularly with testosterone. True conversation issues typically improve. If it doesn’t, shut the stuff off at the source. Both papaya and testosterone will do that for you.