Donate

5 weeks post vas pain. Advice appreciated

Glad to hear your husbands doing better. How was your informed consent? Did you sign anything that talked about chronic pain? Most guys here just wish they had been given better information up front. It’s hard not to be bitter when you feel like you were sold a bill of goods. The AUA and CUA guidelines on informed consent for vasectomy are actually not bad. They have the odds of chronic discomfort at 1 in 50 and 1 in 20 respectively. That’s a far cry from 1 in 1000 or, as in my case, 1 in 3000. Those numbers, which many, many men here report being given, are pure fantasy.

@MikeO honestly I can’t remember the informed consent. Its been so long and I don’t think we have a copy. If we do its shoved in his truck somewhere. I really think the risks should be explained better and all men should know that a lot of men have pain for much longer than they let on. I can’t lie, I’m also worried for down the road. My husband doesn’t come on this site but I have mentioned that it “seems” the majority of men who have long term pain for years tend to be better off in the beginning with the pain starting later. Its damn terrifying honestly all the complications that can happen with this procedure that they make seem very simple and easy.

@Troubledwife we definitely think the same way.

If you want to do something about this issue you need to find that document and see what exactly you were sold. I threw mine out and was never able to get a copy. When I requested all my paperwork it was left out. My provider I think was afraid I was getting ready to sue. At the time I requested the paperwork I just wanted all the useful information I could get to help my reversal surgeon which was naive on my part. Reversal surgeons don’t care about that. They open you up, assess what they see and act.

Hi there I’m sorry for the pain I have had mine over a year now and seeking help.
As for the worry there are some great things that will help both of u .
First of all I would suggest simply take it slow play don’t rush .
Second is a good old fav of mine don’t plan a day but make sure there time to recover .
Get him relaxed yea hard but true body gets less pain the more relaxed you are think of toys maybe shake it up a little throw in something new it’s not just the to be blunt sex but increase for play .
I’m no expert but there is a lot of help out there I found mine in being relaxed and it works